shot at? things thrown at? your drone -- ever...?

Reaction score
P4P+ newbie, BeginMode, stills shooter only;
FL based, considering West Coast trip;
How do others handle drone+remote+battery on airlines?
Especially battery? Not allowed at all?

Also the thought, however rare, of being shot at out West
(FL not impossible, too) in rural areas by same folks who
shoot holes in traffic signs...

Anyone's drone been shot at? Had things thrown at?
Its not the 999 trouble-free flights, its that other one...

Batteries and controller MUST be in your carried-on.

Batteries, yes. Not sure about the controller. May relates to energy capacity of the battery

Batteries yes, but not the controller. It can go in your checked luggage along with the aircraft. Energy capacity of the battery in the controller is low enough that it doesn't trigger any concern.

It's scary out here in the West. Everyone carrying guns and shooting at anything that moves. Nothing to see here. These are not the beautiful shots you're looking for ;)

Learn to fly responsibly and within the FAA recreational pilot guidelines and check with any city or state you plan on visiting as drone laws can be fluid.

Reactions: PhantomEvan
And the battery is considered built in like a
It's scary out here in the West. Everyone carrying guns and shooting at anything that moves. Nothing to see here. These are not the beautiful shots you're looking for ;)

Learn to fly responsibly and within the FAA recreational pilot guidelines and check with any city or state you plan on visiting as drone laws can be fluid.

Where out west are ya WT?

And the battery is considered built in like a

Where out west are ya WT?
Santa Barbara vicinity. New UAV pilot 3 weeks now. Still enjoying short flights from my 10ac property and heading to the Sonoran Desert of northern Mexico in 1 week to work an off-road rally and try to get a little flying time in between official duties. Loving my P4P+ so far!

P4P+ newbie, BeginMode, stills shooter only;
FL based, considering West Coast trip;

Its not the 999 trouble-free flights, its that other one...

Yes. I was filming my home golf course last year and had a golf club thrown at my P3P. The group was a approaching the green (not hitting their shots just walking forward) and I came up behind them flying at least 50' up and stopped before I reach the group. One member turned and threw his club at my drone. I was able to avoid it but it was close. I flew back to my launch point which was about 300 yards away and packed my phantom then went after the group. It got ugly (only with the offending party) but didn't go beyond words. I drove back to the clubhouse and related my experience to the staff. The group arrived a little later and the thrower launched into a tirade about the *expletive deleted* drone out there invading their privacy. I don't think anybody laughed about that last, but they did inform him in no uncertain terms that he was the person in the wrong and might not want to come back. Happy ending I finished the video. That group wound up on the cutting room floor however.

Last edited:
I really don't get the paranoid aspect of the privacy mania. If you are hovering over someone's backyard then yeah, but otherwise why do people think that I or anyone care enough about their little lives enough to 'spy' on them? If I am flying in a park and you happen to be below, trust me, my mission of the day is not centered around you. :D If you're in a public place then you're in a public place, deal with it.

Santa Barbara vicinity. New UAV pilot 3 weeks now. Still enjoying short flights from my 10ac property and heading to the Sonoran Desert of northern Mexico in 1 week to work an off-road rally and try to get a little flying time in between official duties. Loving my P4P+ so far!
Cool. I'm thinking about flying west to Scottsdale to get away from the cold and constant winds.

When relatively new at this I forgot to switch from sport to P mode and approached hot, approached some bushes, banked the wrong way and hit said bushes. Dropped into the snow. Broke a blade.

A fellow walking by threw a sarcastic snicker at me. That really hurt.

Reactions: Pharm
Thanks for responses. As to flying with P4P+ in its factory case:
do US airlines count that as personal item or 23" carry-on?
will there be any TSA pushback going thru carry-on screening on
ALL P4P+ as carry-on...? (I wouldn't want to check in anything)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20