Short video

Reaction score
This one minute video was necessarily short because a ranger stopped me. He said quadrotors were not allowed in the park even though RC planes are (in a separate designated area where "helicopters" are forbidden). I thought that since I couldn't fly there I would go to a relatively remote area. There was no one around, but some hikers did see me enter the park with the Phantom since there is no parking near this entrance and I had to walk two blocks to the trailhead. I guess they called to complain. I've never seen a ranger patrolling this area any time of day, much less at 7AM on a Saturday morning. I didn't even get to my second battery, and I wasted too much time on the first one trying to get a good shot of that one deer you see in the second shot.

At least I'm learning some video technique. I tried to pan as slowly as I could when filming, but it still comes off too fast in the video. I found that I could take a still shot from mid-pan, insert it as a .png frame for several seconds, and use the pan feature in the editing software to make something resembling a slow aerial pan. The gray transitions seemed to work well with the misty morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL6ch6XvHY8&feature=youtu.be

Order a Futaba controller and you can control the pans a lot better.

*New Fluid Pan Mode for the DSLRPros Futaba D8FG Radio will allow for a smooth turning motion in flight. This is a critical feature which smooths out aggressive movements of the Phantom while filming. These special advanced flight profiles are exclusive to our special edition radios and make for spectacular results in the end.

That was a quote from the DSLRpros website but I am sure you can order from them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20