Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Short video @ Manasquan Inlet, NJ

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by hit-n-run, Sep 30, 2015.

1. hit-n-run

Still struggling with video and image quality. Shooting log, 4k 24fps, nd8 filter, iso100, manually adjusting shutter speed. Can't seen to get a slow enough shutter speed with a nd8 filter.
    Downsizing to 1080 and grading in Premiere. Videos and phots just seem a little off. I'm used to shooting and editing DSLR photo/video so maybe I'm expecting too much?

Man, that horizon is tilted!

James Connerly likes this.
  2. darkcom

What are you flying?
    Video seems fine over web but all depends what your intended audience and delivery media is - are you planning on displaying the video in 4K? YouTube? Vimeo?
    If you have a Phantom 3 pro you should be able to turn on the grid on the app and adjust the gimbal to adjust the horizon.
    Anything else like me, I sit mine on top of my car facing the horizon and adjust manually.
    Nice video editing BTW!

Darkcom
    DJI Phantom FC40 Mod. Miami, Florida

3. hit-n-run

Thanks for the feedback Darkcom. I forgot that you can adjust the tilt in the app, thanks. This is the first time I had such a defined horizon in a shot, never noticed the tilt before. I need to pick up a darker ND filter nd8 isn't cutting it on sunny days.