Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Short intro sound when I turn it on.

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by tssalgado, Dec 23, 2014.

1. tssalgado

New here. Just wanna ask the reason why is the sound shorter now that it used to be when I turn it on. Sign of error?

2. graves14

Did you change to phantom mode versus NAZA mode? I believe NAZA has a longer set of tones during startup. Something like "beeeda beeeda beep! .... Beep! Beep! Beep!"

3. tssalgado

Let me check again later...i lost that beep beep beep at the end...thanks

4. 750r

Welcome to the forum
    I lost all my sounds on my P2 about a week after I got it I haven't had any problems got few hundred flights on her since .

5. shartlza

The newer P2s have the newer version ESC (v2.0) and they do not have the three beeps at the end. If you have the 3 beeps at the end you have the older v1.0 ESC and if you don't, luck you, you have the newer v2.0 ESCs. Nothing to worry about, all is good. ;)

6. radioguy

Good to know! I've got an older P2, with the three "beeps" at the end of the sequence. I also have a F550 with the Naza M V2, but no "beeps" at the end. I am using the E300 propulsion system on the Flamewheel. I always wondered what the difference was, now I know.

7. tssalgado

Great relief, thanks. I have the newest P2 on NAZA mode. ;)

8. shartlza

Yep if your remote has the new wheel/dial gimbal tilt nob then you have the new version of the P2 with upgraded ESCs and Motors. I know there were some later production P2s and mostly P2V+ models out there that got the v2.0 ESC (that did not have the 3 beeps at the end) before the newer version came out. This in production is what you call a rolling change and most times are not told to the customer. When they upgraded the motors and remote is when they change the version of the P2.