Short Commercial for Boat Detailing

Reaction score
Again done with bright sunlight and practicing angles. I edited each clip with Adobe Premier before putting it all together. I just filmed and put it together today. The Boat Detailing Company was VERY happy and it's now on their website..

One thing I did learn while doing this video... If possible, move crap out of the way of what you really want to film. The detailing crew had removed EVERYTHING from the boat and placed it on the dock and up on the lift, directly in the way of their work and the boat. Next time, I will ask what can be moved. Lesson learned!

I watched your video twice. I saw nothing in it that would make me want to use this company. The aerial shots were like any other lake shot. Most of that could have been done with a hand held camera. Most clips were too far away. Since it's a detail business, I want to see detail. All I saw was someone wiping down a few things. What makes this company any better than anyone with a roll of paper towels and spray cleaner. You need to show what is involved in detailing. ...close up. Maybe even before and after. Narration would help also.
Not trying to bust your balls....this is just my opinion.

You say the crew moved items off the boat . Show that in the video how they remove anything out of the way that stops them from doing a proper job. T shirts with company logo would be good. Detailing is a funny business. You have to set yourself apart from a couple of kids with rags and a bottle of Windex.

I watched your video twice. I saw nothing in it that would make me want to use this company. The aerial shots were like any other lake shot. Most of that could have been done with a hand held camera. Most clips were too far away. Since it's a detail business, I want to see detail. All I saw was someone wiping down a few things. What makes this company any better than anyone with a roll of paper towels and spray cleaner. You need to show what is involved in detailing. ...close up. Maybe even before and after. Narration would help also.
Not trying to bust your balls....this is just my opinion.
This was a free video for them just to see what we do. We will be working with this company again soon on much larger boats and the things that you mentioned will definitely be taken care of. As explained to me when I got there, not much can be shown on a pontoon boat when it comes to detailing. Before and after shots would hardly make any difference unless they were polishing the actual pontoons. Well, the seats and floor turned out much brighter when they were done, but I wasn't sticking around that long for a free video. But any how Monte, thanks for your positive criticism. I do appreciate it. :)

You say the crew moved items off the boat . Show that in the video how they remove anything out of the way that stops them from doing a proper job. T shirts with company logo would be good. Detailing is a funny business. You have to set yourself apart from a couple of kids with rags and a bottle of Windex.
They did have company T-shirts on, but I will make sure all that gets in the main video for them. Thanks.

Like I said...not trying to byb. I look at videos like this as a consumer. I even watched it a few more times and still got nothing. Like I said. They should explain the detailing process. Maybe that they use disinfectant cleaner....if they do....since anything around water wants to grow crap. Explain what makes their detailing service any better than hiring a couple of kids to wipe things down. Just trying to help man. I'm not sure the lattitude you had in making the video but it just didn't have the punch to make me call them. Sound would be great of the workers asking if certain jobs had been done etc. After all, they are trying to sell a service.

Most clips were too far away.
Another thing that would have helped considerably would be my handheld camera, but I left it at home. I expected a much more open area, but the dock was small and crowded.I could have gotten a lot more close-in video. I can hardly wait for the Inspire 1 handheld to come out.
inspire1_handheld_camera.png

You may be surprised when they don't want to "pay" for one, since you gave them it for free to put on their website. If it doesn't happen, you can come back here and say I told you so.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl