Shooting video of an abandoned barn

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a new P4 that I haven't flown yet. I intend to shoot video of abandoned farm houses and barns. I will be flying at a low altitude, circling around the building. When I get to the back of the barn, can I stay at the same altitude? The building will between the drone and controller. Will I lose signal? Will I need to increase altitude in the back in order to keep my signal, or is it ok that the barn will be blocking the signal?
Thank you very much,
Terry

There should always be a clear path between the remote controller and your Phantom.

Thank you very much. Also, with all of the talk about weak or lost signal, what can I do to improve my signal overall? I an not a distance flier, but want to make sure I maintain a strong signal at all times.
Thank you,
Terry

All should be fine if fly LOS and you position the antennas like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wow, thank you. I saved it to my desktop so I can keep reviewing it.
Regards,
Terry

You would love it around my area, a lot of abandoned farm structures around here. In fact I was thinking about doing this very same thing just last night!

In the movie 'The Ring', cabin 12 where Naomi Watts goes and finds that VHS tape is literally just a few miles from my house. My wife and I snuck out there over a decade ago when we were first dating but it would be cool to fly the P4 over to it, with the property owners permission of course!

Spoiler, the inside of the real cabin 12 is not what they show in the movie, only the outside of it as shown in the movie is the real thing. And there is no abandon well underneath it.

You would love it around my area, a lot of abandoned farm structures around here. In fact I was thinking about doing this very same thing just last night!

In the movie 'The Ring', cabin 12 where Naomi Watts goes and finds that VHS tape is literally just a few miles from my house. My wife and I snuck out there over a decade ago when we were first dating but it would be cool to fly the P4 over to it, with the property owners permission of course!

Spoiler, the inside of the real cabin 12 is not what they show in the movie, only the outside of it as shown in the movie is the real thing. And there is no abandon well underneath it.

Wow, that sounds nice. I always thought that the make nice pictures.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic