Shoot video in 4K ??

Reaction score
Here is my question, should I shoot video in 4K and convert to HD (1920x1080p) ?. If so, what is a better setting 24 fps or 25 fps?. or should I just shoot in FHD since not a lot of people are equipped just yet with 4K televisions and monitos.

If I were to shoot in FHD is it better to shoot at a lower fps or lower (24-25-30-48-50 or 60).

Here is my question, should I shoot video in 4K and convert to HD (1920x1080p) ?. If so, what is a better setting 24 fps or 25 fps?. or should I just shoot in FHD since not a lot of people are equipped just yet with 4K televisions and monitos.

If I were to shoot in FHD is it better to shoot at a lower fps or lower (24-25-30-48-50 or 60).
Hi there,
For what it's worth, you should absolutely shoot in 4K. The footage will stand the test of time. You can always convert down to FHD but the other way is not possible.

4K all the way.

We sell exotic aerial footage to customers worldwide and every single one requests the 4K footage, even if their productions don't end up being in 4K resolution.

Have fun
Cheers

Reactions: ifilmls
I was just about to ask the same question since I do not have a way of playing 4K. I guess I will continue to film using it and convert down but keeping the 4K for future projects when the world catches up with the technology.

I was just about to ask the same question since I do not have a way of playing 4K. I guess I will continue to film using it and convert down but keeping the 4K for future projects when the world catches up with the technology.

By all means shoot your video in 4K then down-rez in post to 1080p which will of a higher quality then HD

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr