Shipping Slowdown from China

Reaction score
I seem to remember seeing that many items I've ordered from DJI and other parts suppliers have been shipped through Tianjin (please correct me if I'm wrong about this).
So look for longer wait periods if you need anything shipped through the World's largest port ....
Tianjin blast: Daylight images reveal extent of devastation
_84859125_826c36bf-60dc-4020-937a-2da4e98daec2.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-33844086

I'd like to be flying around that site with a quadcopter and lots of charged batteries.

You are joking right

Why would I be joking? What the (*&^ do you think a quadcopter is for? Taking video of a wheat field? What.... would you rather put people in there and not a drone? Is this a little job security thing or something? You are joking.... right?

For a search and rescue reason I could see that being a decent move. But saying I would like to fly over it and get super awesome footage where people were just killed is being a scumbag.

Reactions: Canadian
Well, going back to the original topic of this thread, now DJI is shipping from Shenzhen. Therefore, no slow down at all. At least not due to this disaster.

And yeah, flying over there to get great footage goes against what I consider flying responsibly..

For a search and rescue reason I could see that being a decent move. But saying I would like to fly over it and get super awesome footage where people were just killed is being a scumbag.

why do you only think about mangled bodies and the like? Why do you jump first to "super awesome footage where people were just killed" ? Are you one of those perfect "pilots" here that is above everyone else? You need to relax.. it's attitudes like that that make these things look bad. I shot for an entire year after the kobe earthquake.... Why can't someone shoot a mangled shipping container or a building? This has no story? Again... you've gotta relax and get to something else.

Well, going back to the original topic of this thread, now DJI is shipping from Shenzhen. Therefore, no slow down at all. At least not due to this disaster.

And yeah, flying over there to get great footage goes against what I consider flying responsibly..

So... a helicopter with an official 'news camera' over it would be fine? a clean-up worker snapping a picture from his cell phone is fine? taking a picture of a car crash is fine with a cell phone? or is that bad? If flying "responsibly" is not putting people at 'risk', and there are no people there, what part of your "flying responsibly" covenant is it breaking? Do we all need to sign the same social compact as you?

Back on topic... I'm really glad to hear DJI's shipping will not be affected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.