Shimmy & Vibration

Reaction score
In the last couple of weeks my Phantom has developed a bad shimmy + vibration with power changes.

The Phantom was new four weeks ago, No crashes. New Props (self tightening). Straight out of the box no vibration, even using a basic gopro mount - Now even with a gimbal every time there is a power change there is bad shimmy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER8ye8JePqk

Come to think of it this only seems to have started since I updated the firmware. Could this be a reason????

Any suggestions?

PS the footage on the video without the Gimbal was shot two weeks earlier and early footage with Gimbal is also rock solid

Hey fair game,

I have also noticed similar issues with my pv too.

I think your problem might have something to do with the camera being loose, I guess this happens after use.
I noticed the screw that holds the camera on the part that pans up and down was loose "actually it fell out" thankfully it is covered by snug piece of rubber so I was able to tighten it back in.

Look at the camera and see if it moves freely until you get resistance from the motor. If it moves freely that might end up being your issue.

You can find the screw is hidden behind a small rubber cork on the camera in the upper right corner. You might need a needle/tooth pick to wedge it out.

I just retightened mine for the second time when I noticed some excessive shake, still need to fly and see if it works.

Hope this helps and I'm assuming you have a phantom vision 2 with the camera. If you are using a go pro with a mount gimbal the problem might be the same just don't know where the screw will be on that version. "correction, you do use a Gopro, issue still might be the same."

Hope this helps and also just be aware that the shakes will always be there depending on wind and handling.

Good Luck

Thanks for the insight.

I removed the Gimbal this weekend and their is very little vibration in the Phantom so I think it is to do with the Gimbal and possible camera attachment.

I will put it all back together with everything 100% shipshape and fixed tight. Fingers crossed!

Has anyone had Gimbal failure?

Have re-attached the GoPro to the my Phantom using the water proof case all picture vibration has gone even with some pretty aggresive power changes and flying. Just need to re-assemble the gimbal and the camera attachment in a more secure way…. I hope!

A good testament to the balance of new self locking props as supplied by DJI - It is clearly very good!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4