Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Shell upgrade suggestions

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by trentos31, Feb 22, 2016.

1. trentos31

Hey friends, this is my first post. I had my first crash yesterday, performing an orbit and ended up too low and in a tree. I knew it was going to happen eventually...

Luckily no major damage, but the shell is bent in one corner and the propeller doesn't clear the hull in that corner now. My question is, since I need to replace the shell, are there any suggestions for mods or upgrades that I can't live without while I have the whole thing apart? Is a carbon fiber shell worth it? Anything else I should really do under the hood? I appreciate the suggestions!

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

There's no carbon fibre shell available - and if there was, it would probably block GPS signal.
    Nothing I can think of to do under the hood.

3. RoyVa

When you get ready to change over... Take lost of photos and tag and number for re install. Good luck and have fun.

4. auen1

Ted4797 likes this.
  5. Ted4797

I have done a couple. Take a piece of paper and outline the hull. Then put the screws where u took them out. It is not hard, if u take your time. Pull the cable clips out very carefully. I think there is a youtube video showing how to do it. The worse part is the new shell. It comes snapped together and is a bear to unsnap. Use a butter knife and put business cards in the part u do get unsnapped. It is easier than fixing broken gimbals!!