Shell replacement

Reaction score
Well I discovered the dreaded cracks on mine this weekend.
The new shell came today, I plan on swapping everything over this evening.
The one question I have is do most reuse the top half since the antenna is already in it, or just move it to the new shell also.
Thanks.

I would reuse it if there is nothing wrong with it. In addition, it's one less thing (GPS) to move to the new shell.

You may want to confirm that the bottom shell matches your shell. I understand there are "beefed up" versions that may not be exactly the same.

I have an additional issue. I just replaced my shell. All powered up correctly, acquired gps, camera/video worked, gimbal reset, but when I powered up the props, the motor that had taken the brunt of the crash began to smoke & chatter.

Could this simply be a damaged motor from the crash? Since the wiring on the motors are not touched, is there anything else I could have done to cause this? Does anyone know the motor voltage so I could check? Or is there any other electrical check I could use to troubleshoot this?

Nope.
The new replacement shell was the same crappy design as the old one.
From what I have been told by some suppliers the shells havent been redesigned to eliminate the cracks.

I have an additional issue. I just replaced my shell. All powered up correctly, acquired gps, camera/video worked, gimbal reset, but when I powered up the props, the motor that had taken the brunt of the crash began to smoke & chatter.

Could this simply be a damaged motor from the crash? Since the wiring on the motors are not touched, is there anything else I could have done to cause this? Does anyone know the motor voltage so I could check? Or is there any other electrical check I could use to troubleshoot this?
Probably a fried motor. If you can solder, should be an easy fix.
As for checking voltage with a meter, probably not gonna happen.
These have some crazy power supply (three phase maybe?)?

Thanks, motor is on order...since the others work OK, I hope that will be the last of it.

If they are the same then I agree, reuse the top. I considered the opposite. In my crash, it was the upper shell that appeared to tajke the beating. It looked like it was the upper shell that provides the rigidity & proper positioning of the motor. Once I removed the upper shell, the lower shell flexed easily. But, because the shells were so difficult to take apart, I didn't want to risk ruining a fairly expensive part, so I swapped out both.

I replaced the motor, the new motor began to smoke & chatter like the original...since I did not touch the motor wiring while replacing the shell, other than replacing the mother board, is there something more I can do?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20