Shell replacement = Love renewed :)

Reaction score
I'm feeling rather proud of myself as I successfully completed my shell replacement today and regained a love I had lost.
I'm far from experienced when it comes to working on electrical devices like the Phantom, hence why I purchased the Vision+, though I like to tinker and have fixed many a dishwasher and washing machine. White goods however won't fly away or drop out of the sky.
I'd had my first taste of RC Geekdom when I bent an arm within the first few days of owning and took the heat gun to it successfully bending it back. The gimbal arm however would stay slightly bent. Our relationship was still new and I blindly thought that I could overlook the physical scars as it was only skin deep and a little cropping in edit would mask the deformity and the camera's inadequacies. Lately though it had adopted a tendency to not fly in a straight line and finally produced the dreaded jello. It got to the point where my relationship with my Bird was far from a happy one and I could hardly stand to even look at it, let alone fly that deformed, used and abused hideous creature with the bungy eye I perceived it to be. Something had to change.

So today with the help of YouTube and the great teardown video from Pete's Multirotor, I successfully swapped the shell. I then took the $700 gamble and bent the gimbal back.

I can proudly say that after today my fear of tiny Asian electrical's has been overcome and the relationship my Bird and I have is greater than I could have ever imagined with no inhibitions.

WTH? White goods refers to white household items like washing machines and fridges. Maybe it's an AUS term.

Double-D said:
WTH? White goods refers to white household items like washing machines and fridges. Maybe it's an AUS term.

Nope, we used it also in the Netherlands : (wit goed) :mrgreen:

Haha, yes. Otherwise using that assumption the Phantom is a house hold item.

:lol: My appliances are all black. Does that still apply?

Dare you to walk into a store and ask for the Black Goods section :O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20