Shell Replacement Issue

Reaction score
Hi Newbie here. I am in the process of replacing the 4 esc's and shell after crashing in the water, I have one more screw to remove. I dont know how to remove the last screw safely which is holding the motherboard, don't want to damage anything. Is there any instructions on removing for the vision plus model. I have attached an image of where I am up to. All help appreciated Regards Stuart

Attachments

• Screw Under Here Mother board Removal.jpg
    Screw Under Here Mother board Removal.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 526
You need to pry up the wifi module. It's held down with double-stick tape. Just apply steady upward pressure at the screw bracket.
It won't move for a while, but then with patience and continuous pressure, it will start to give and slowly peel away from the main board.
(You should remove it before removing the other main board screws.)

Use a hair dryer to gently heat the glue, it will make it easier to remove

I replaced mine yesterday, I got mine off with a flathead screwdriver applying small amounts of pressure to release the tape, also be careful when you get to removing the battery terminals I struggled a bit with getting the rear screw out

I think I'll be doing a shell replacement sooner or later. Removing the MB is fairly easy. There's a screw holding the WiFi module down.

Easy to see if you know where to look but don't forget to remove it. It's surrounded by a black plastic ring that's easy to crack. You might want to remove the WiFi plugs (mark them so you can put them back) and maybe pop the antenna plugs off. All easy to remove if you are careful. Some tiny needle nose pliers help but just pressing down on the plug clip with a finger nail will do the trick. Once that's out, prying the WiFi module up is easy. Take it slow with steady pressure and it will come off. After that it's easy to remove the screw.

I haven't gone farther than that though. How the heck do you get the ESC's out of the arms?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.