Sheild K1 saving wrong location on flight record

Reaction score
Hi all! Just started using a Nvidia Sheild K1. Very happy with it apart from one issue (so far).

When I look at flight logs it saves location as a suburb 3 miles away? Even though the map is correctly showing where I've flown. I have flown at a different spot and the suburb was correct for that flight. I seems just this one area, which is my main flying spot is coming up wrong suburb. I tried my iphone at this spot and it saved the correct suburb name. Any idea why this happening? Anybody else had a similar issue? I have installed a GPS app and it works fine and showing exactly where I am and picking up a lot of satellites.

Any help would be great as it is pretty annoying more than anything.

Thanks

Can you post some screenshots/data/logs so we can see what you're describing?

When I look at flight logs it saves location as a suburb 3 miles away? Even though the map is correctly showing where I've flown. I have flown at a different spot and the suburb was correct for that flight. I seems just this one area, which is my main flying spot is coming up wrong suburb. I tried my iphone at this spot and it saved the correct suburb name. Any idea why this happening?
You would see the same thing with any Android tablet because it's a Google Maps issue and nothing to do with your Shield or your Phantom.
Your position data is perfect. Ignore the name Google Maps gives to the locality.
If it bugs you too much fly in different locations till you find one you like.

That would be the map not the device.

google maps must name that area whatever label you are seeing
The device(Shield) does not "name" the locations.

Apple uses a different map source and may show it the same or differently

good luck and have fun flying!

You would see the same thing with any Android tablet because it's a Google Maps issue and nothing to do with your Shield or your Phantom.
Your position data is perfect. Ignore the name Google Maps gives to the locality.
If it bugs you too much fly in different locations till you find one you like.
Ok thanks. Will just grin and bear it as it is a top spot to fly. I just like things to be accurate otherwise they bug me. Thanks for your help

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4