Sharpness Settings

4wd said:
Mako79 said:
I can only presume you are getting the notorious prop shadows. This happens when the sun is inline with the prop and lens.
Using a camera hood will minimise it. Quick fix is some black tape.

No it's jumping between two exposure settings.
That's a difficult scene to get right though, flying towards the light over water.
If it doesn't do it in a more regular scene it's not a fault, and won't help changing it.

I also had the same flickering whilst stationary filming the side of a white building, I am sure it's a camera problem, I had 100+ flights with my other V+, overwater, direct into the sun, sunrises, sunsets etc and never experienced the problem once.

4wd said:
Mako79 said:
No it's jumping between two exposure settings.

I had the same thing happen on a day with patchy cloud cover and blue skies. I tried setting WB on both cloudy and sunny settings and nothing worked. Parts of the video looked like a strobe light was going off.

In my experience the only way to shoot good video with the P2V+ is when you have ideal lighting conditions during the "golden hour" in the morning or early evening. Everything else is hit and miss, even when you keep the sun behind you.

I've tried different WB and exposure setting to no avail. So my next aircraft will either be a P2 or a Scout X4 with a GoPro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20