Sharing my good experience with SmartGuard/Warrantech

MapMaker53 said:
Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll be calling them tomorrow to cancel. Strange that it would allow you to purchase the service independently on Amazon.

UPDATE: Just called up my order and requested an Amazon refund.

Had the same kind of issue with a Kindle warranty. Back in the days of $300 kindles, I was an early adopter. Mine looked a bit like Captain Kirk's PADD.

20120327afteripad3.jpg

Two months later that Kindle that died. Amazon promptly agreed to replace it (thanks Amazon!). Liked it so much I figured I should buy one for the wife and I decided to pick up two extended warranty's. I thought I would apply the 2nd warranty to the replacement kindle when it arrived. Seeing as how it was brand new and still in transit I didn't foresee a problem.

A month after receiving the warranty certificates in the mail I got an email saying my 2nd warranty was invalid because it was applied to an order that had been placed more than 30 days prior to the purchase of the warranty. D'oh! They refunded the money. Which is fine I guess because years later that Kindle is still chugging along.

You get all kinds of weird stuff happening when you try and apply a warranty in a way they aren't anticipating.

MapMaker53 said:
Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll be calling them tomorrow to cancel. Strange that it would allow you to purchase the service independently on Amazon.

UPDATE: Just called up my order and requested an Amazon refund.

Sorry about that. I had mentioned it in my original post "next time, go through Amazon", but I understand how that was easily missed. I didn't even realize the product page didn't explicitly call it out, I just 'knew' it only applied to Amazon purchases. Apologies again.

I deal with Warrantech everyday on customers claims. If you want insurance on a product just give them a call and they can do it over the phone. They sell policy's over the phone sight unseen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20