Share your flight videos :)

That is a really cool idea. I think you could improve it by adding and example of how it is used. I for one don't know how I watch any flights, nor if there even is any flight added yet... maybe an example flight?
Where I can find the first blue or yellow pin you are talking about?

Anywho, just to make ppl quickly interested.... because it is a cool idea.

Edit: Oh now I actually got a blue mark up on the map, I didn't have this before :)

Well, we have... three user-added flights as well as the four I've added. Not a lot... It's not my own thing; it's a dream of this map being filled with flights that we all add. Please, help me out - how can I attract fliers to share?

This thing is so easy, even a cave man can do it. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just read the instructions fellas. If you can figure out how to fly the Phantom, than you can figure out how to post on this Flight Map. The only slightly challenging part was plotting your location. I missed by about 1/2 mile. LOL!!!

MKheng said:
Can I link to my videos on YouTube?

That's exactly what you are doing. You copy and paste your link into the remarks box. .

Thanks, guys! We have 24 entries already. I actually go over each one; administer it (review it); and if it's ok approve; then I draw a marker around the area covered by the flight and like the video on YouTube. Interesting if this would take off. It's so great to watch videos on the map!

Ok, so some feedback. The map to put a location on stays behind the info/location/description etc box so its awkward to put a pin on the video location. Second, when I go to your site I don't see any pins locating the videos I uploaded.

IceFireSoul said:
Thanks, guys! We have 24 entries already. I actually go over each one; administer it (review it); and if it's ok approve; then I draw a marker around the area covered by the flight and like the video on YouTube. Interesting if this would take off. It's so great to watch videos on the map!

I linked a Vimeo vid. I assume that format is ok too?

Shame you can't edit them afterward. I didn't know I had to paste the youtube code into the text so now you have a flight at wasaga beach Ontario with no video LOL

After some additional web development this is going to be an awesome tool!

If I were you I would reach out to the Google developers because this idea falls right inline with their entire business model. $$$

Regards,
Jet747

On flight without video - I saw it and removed it. Please, re-add.

On vimeo - yes, it's on the site now.

On not seeing your videos - they are all added now and you can see everything (quite a few already).

On editing - you can't. I'll look into improving this. Actually you can, but with the link it gives you right after adding the pin.

On the map being behind the Add window - you can move the window to the side to reveal more map.

Share, Watch, Enjoy!

Nice way to share videos. Hope others join in.
I posted one of mine taken in Denver, CO
I've had the copter for about 4 weeks now. Have a gimbal and goggles on the way.
Carey

I'm currently laying on a hotel bed in Goulburn NSW. Tomorrow I take my car to Wakefield park raceway . . . .

. . .hopefully I'll have some awesome footage to add :)

Nice work I have added 3 of mine including giving away my secret Phantom testing grounds :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl