Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Share my first FPV footage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yappy, Apr 23, 2013.

1. yappy

2. darkhorse

very cool! Did you use the streets to help with orientation? I've never tried FPV (but hope to eventually), but I hear it is easy to get lost. ;)

Also, looks like tree branches and power lines are tough to see while in FPV.

Looks like a lot of fun though!

3. pwright

Looks like you were able to get travel quite a ways from the takeoff point. What FPV system are you using? Using the stock Phantom controller?

4. yappy

The tree's and power poles were easy to spot. However the power lines themselves were barely visible.

You can get lost easily if you don't know the surroundings, I used the roads to help a bit. But I pretty much knew where I was.

I am using fatshark predators v2 with stock phantom radio. The range on the phantom radio was solid, however the video feed cracked up a few times, but never permanently.

I had fun , FPV is really fun! Easier to fly in my opinion, because the controls are always for forward flight and never reversed. I am addicted now.

If you get lost, you could also switch on home lock.

5. yappy

Oh also, I think an OSD is a MUST. Just to clear your mind wondering if the battery is getting low or dead.

I always had to check if i saw the light blinking red. hehehe. But I ended up using an app on my phone to alarm at about 8mins of flight.

6. darkhorse

I've read that many have used a fiber optic cable to route the LED light color to a point viewable by the camera, kind of a cheap OSD solution. But, I guess it would then be in any video captured, unless you crop it out during post processing.

7. ads1212

Hi Yappy nice pics. What frame rate and resolution were you shooting at? Also for your consideration...if this video is still in your edit software, try putting a cross dissolve in where you have a yaw change or direction change. I think you'll see a big difference. How this helps. Cheers

8. ads1212

What's the app called? Thanks!

9. FangsCPO

Clock...........most phones have one. :lol: I'm sure there's a stop watch feature in there somewhere.

10. Mark P

Nice job! Just ordered mine today......I'm going to Line of sigt mine a few days before I Fpv but that guy Peter that sells the honey badger is really a great guy. Full FPV for cheaper than a Phantom, I just know I'm going to need extra frame, a motor or two, a dozen props and maybe I'll restock for my second flight. I can't wait!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAPoqtCZ ... r_embedded

11. Gizmo3000

I almost flew into some power lines myself today,. came REAL close before I realized I was close to hitting them!
    check it out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxp-gcI30aw

FPV is def a trip! .. yah,. always gotta keep moving forward or it's easy to back into something!

12. Mark P

Nice miss! I don't know how you guys fly around in the city like that, nerves of steel I guess.

I'm ultimately after this, hope I get there soon https://vimeo.com/64508470#at=0

13. DomKane

Looks great! Can't wait try FPV some time.