Shapeways promotion; how to get free printed Phantom mods

Reaction score
I'm a shop owner on Shapeways and today Autodesk emailed me with details on a promotion, and I thought incorrectly that it would offer discounts to people who were buying my products, so I posted about it on a facebook group, and then twitter before reading the fine print. The conditions are that newly registered designers can sign up, upload a model and get a $25 discount on the designs that they elect to print.

I realise that most of you won't be 3d modellers, and that you won't have any specific designs that you can upload, especially before the cut off of August 31st. However, what you may be unaware of is that the online repository of 3D printable models, Thingiverse has a large amount of useful mods for DJI Phantoms. Some are too large to print for $25, but all the designs can be downloaded, then uploaded to Shapeways for printing.

Designs on Thingiverse include DIY gimbals, phone sunlight shields, battery holders, pitch controllers and more.

You can search for them here; http://www.thingiverse.com/search/prolific/things?q=Phantom or with other search terms that you think might help.

After you find a design on Thingiverse, download the STL file, register for http://www.shapeways.com and upload it. The process is quite simple and straightforward.

Once your product is uploaded, make sure that the dimensions are as you expected. Shapeways charges about $1.40 per cubic centimetre for the default white plastic, which is hard enough for most parts. They're automated tools will tell you if the model can print and how much it will cost. For reference sakes; I sell light camera mounts for $32 and still make a profit on markup.

You should be able to checkout at this point, in an attempt to print the product and will probably still have to pay for shipping, but if you use the promo code mty9b you will get $25 credit for any of the creations you want to buy from your new account.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20