Shaky Video please have a look I am open to suggestions!

Reaction score
Hi guys please have a look at this video and please give me some suggestions as to how I can attempt to fix the shaky video problem I recently started encountering.

OK... I did not see any shake. What I saw was jitter/jumpy video. What are your camera settings?

Although I did not watch all of it, the only problems I see are prop shadows (due to shooting toward the sun) and a twitchy yaw and tilt (operator induced). Maybe dial down yaw sensitivity and avoid so much yaw in general. If I'm missing something maybe you could direct us to a particular time in the video that reveals your shaky video concern.

Put a sunshade on your camera or slow down when flying towards the sun.

Either will prevent rotor shadow.

Thanks Mojo I guess that better describes my issue , Jittery and jumpy. I got video set at 2.7 k and 24 fps
Ok what is your shutter speed? What ISO are you using? If you are using auto anything... Stop using auto.

For the setup you describe (24FPS) you should have your shutter speed set around 50 or 60 (2 times the framerate)... ISO should be the lowest setting possible. You should use ND filters to get the ev value close to 0. Are you doing that or are you shooting without ND filters. If you are shooting without ND filters... get ND filters.

Maybe your computer is really slow and old? That will cause the video to jump.
Didn't even think of that. It is possible though. An easy way to check that would be to play the video on tablet you use for flying. I have the last of the iPad generation and i have no problems playing my videos on it.

Ok what is your shutter speed? What ISO are you using? If you are using auto anything... Stop using auto.

For the setup you describe (24FPS) you should have your shutter speed set around 50 or 60 (2 times the framerate)... ISO should be the lowest setting possible. You should use ND filters to get the ev value close to 0. Are you doing that or are you shooting without ND filters. If you are shooting without ND filters... get ND filters.
Thx Mojo I will have a good look at your suggestion adjust settings a repost after flight. I am shooting without a filter but I do have them

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20