Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Shaky Video please have a look I am open to suggestions!

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by FatTwoTonTony, Mar 15, 2016.

1. FatTwoTonTony

Hi guys please have a look at this video and please give me some suggestions as to how I can attempt to fix the shaky video problem I recently started encountering.

2. jackyrrab

Didn't see any shaking....

3. m0j0

OK... I did not see any shake. What I saw was jitter/jumpy video. What are your camera settings?

4. FatTwoTonTony

Thanks Mojo I guess that better describes my issue , Jittery and jumpy. I got video set at 2.7 k and 24 fps

5. beeline

Although I did not watch all of it, the only problems I see are prop shadows (due to shooting toward the sun) and a twitchy yaw and tilt (operator induced). Maybe dial down yaw sensitivity and avoid so much yaw in general. If I'm missing something maybe you could direct us to a particular time in the video that reveals your shaky video concern.

6. Air Ontario

Put a sunshade on your camera or slow down when flying towards the sun.

Either will prevent rotor shadow.

7. m0j0

Ok what is your shutter speed? What ISO are you using? If you are using auto anything... Stop using auto.

For the setup you describe (24FPS) you should have your shutter speed set around 50 or 60 (2 times the framerate)... ISO should be the lowest setting possible. You should use ND filters to get the ev value close to 0. Are you doing that or are you shooting without ND filters. If you are shooting without ND filters... get ND filters.

8. Kman

Maybe your computer is really slow and old? That will cause the video to jump.

9. m0j0

Didn't even think of that. It is possible though. An easy way to check that would be to play the video on tablet you use for flying. I have the last of the iPad generation and i have no problems playing my videos on it.

10. FatTwoTonTony

Thx Mojo I will have a good look at your suggestion adjust settings a repost after flight. I am shooting without a filter but I do have them