Shakey Stick Thumbs

Reaction score
I'm a thumb flyer thru and thru, finger flying is not for me. I've tried the neck lanyard, I've tried holding transmitter steady against my body...For whatever reason I can't help but have a bit of shakey-ness while trying to do smooth rotations/pans. Nerves or whatever it may be, those control sticks feel twitchy...

I've looked into these 2 solutions and was wondering if there were others:
1) 3D printed rubberband holder that adds resistance to sticks
2) Opening up transmitter to adjust spring tension on sticks

Maybe resistance isn't the remedy?
Add more surface area to the control pin? something like this - HeroStick, Bigger ThumbStick for transmitter

Anyone else have this problem?

Raising the sticks should help.

Reactions: andy162 and Reed L
Reactions: dirkclod
Here is a review of the harness

Reactions: dirkclod and Reed L
See this:

Instead of the cardboard piece I cut a hotel key card. Alternately, you can use one of those shopper reward cards that you put on your key chain.

IMG_1580_zps5azrshgd.jpg

Reactions: Fplvert
Here is a review of the harness
Been using their knobs since they came out and have used this also . Is great . Their sponsers here and @gogowanda is a member here
and you can't ask for better folks to deal with :)
JMO

See this:

Instead of the cardboard piece I cut a hotel key card. Alternately, you can use one of those shopper reward cards that you put on your key chain.

IMG_1580_zps5azrshgd.jpg
I have a slow mod installed in my P2V and am doing this also and once ya get the hang of it it works great :)

Reactions: Fplvert
I'm a thumb flyer thru and thru, finger flying is not for me. I've tried the neck lanyard, I've tried holding transmitter steady against my body...For whatever reason I can't help but have a bit of shakey-ness while trying to do smooth rotations/pans. Nerves or whatever it may be, those control sticks feel twitchy...

I've looked into these 2 solutions and was wondering if there were others:
1) 3D printed rubberband holder that adds resistance to sticks
2) Opening up transmitter to adjust spring tension on sticks

Maybe resistance isn't the remedy?
Add more surface area to the control pin? something like this - HeroStick, Bigger ThumbStick for transmitter

Anyone else have this problem?

I do sometimes... Try this - works for me.

Put your thumb tip at the bottom of the stick with thumb resting on white part of RC and rest of thumb resting on bottom black section at bottom of stick - push and hold gently - Helps me to do totally slow smooth Pans (yaws) - I mainly only use this with left stick for steady smooth pan - if I rest thumb on top for normal moves - no problem - but for slow I shake some.

Try it - can't hurt... I hope it helps.

Our harness simply works! We spent a lot of time last year developing a snap-on grip for the controller (ask dirk) but at the end we realized to have precise control the controller has to be stabilized. We looked at the tray systems but they're too cumbersome. We're outdoor folks so we start looking into harness system used in holding binoculars, and another 6 month later we have the zero gravity harness. It frees up your hands, keep the controller from tilting forward and makes hand catching piece of cake. Check out Simon Newton's latest review on our harness on youtube.
Our staff is ready to take your call everyday, give us a hauler with any questions.

Reactions: dirkclod
what is this 'slow mod'????
Same thing Fyod just showed ya but I have one from a different member . Had just done some work in this bird and needed to do Advan. Cal. so it's drifting some but you can see what it does. Am doing hard stick both ways with it off and then when it's on . Is cool :)

and my switch lights up when on

Same thing Fyod just showed ya but I have one from a different member . Had just done some work in this bird and needed to do Advan. Cal. so it's drifting some but you can see what it does. Am doing hard stick both ways with it off and then when it's on . Is cool :)

and my switch lights up when on
Now that's going as fast as it can go . You use less stick and it really goes slow ;)

I use old hotel access cards, chop them down to the size that I find most comfortable and clamp between the top and bottom adjusters.

My thumb fits just underneath which imparts constant pressure in one direction, therefore making panning very smooth and easy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik