Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

sfoc transport canada

Discussion in 'Rules and Regulations' started by matt.payne.vlogs, Sep 15, 2016.

1. matt.payne.vlogs

anyone here have any experience with filling out sfoc with transport canada? seems like a very daunting task i downloaded and read the guidelines and found a 28 page template, looking to see if anyone has any personnel experience in this matter

2. mabyrnes

I have applied for and received several SFOCs from Transport Canada. I have also now received my standing SFOC, which allows me to fly anywhere in Ontario and which I applied for after having established an accident-free pattern. You have to make sure that you do everything right or they will not approve you. The certificates are a bit of a pain in the butt as they can take up to 20 days to receive. The standing SFOC took almost 2 months. Just make sure you include the following. Date of operation, exact location (lat/long), equipment, your rules and responsibilities, emergency procedures, safety procedures... One thing you have to do is explain to them what you intend to do if you encounter a vertical flyaway, and they horizontal flyaway. Specifically, they want to know the name of the person you were going to contact and their phone number - which is unpublished - and that you received it from the Canada flight supplement. I am told that they will have a standard application for available in late October.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots