Severe pink and green static/distortion/lines across display from P4

Reaction score
I'm very commonly getting a phone display that looks like the following when operating the P4. It seems most common when on the ground and usually clears up when flying. However, it does sometimes occur when flying as well.

The lines are not constant. They move around and change shape and color. They are mostly either green or magenta, though. I've never seen this when flying the P3. I updated the firmware and still have the same problem. It seems like signal interference or something.

Has anybody ever seen this behavior before?
Screenshot_2016-10-01-17-16-09_thumb.png

Screenshot_2016-10-01-17-35-07_thumb.png

Yes. I had that happen when I tried to use my trusty old iPad Mini for FPV. It just doesn't have the processing power to manage the video input from the Phantom 4. When I switched over to my iPhone 6, or my iPad Pro, it worked perfectly. You might also consider the quality of the USB cable that you're using to connect your mobile device to the R/C transmitter.

Yes. I had that happen when I tried to use my trusty old iPad Mini for FPV. It just doesn't have the processing power to manage the video input from the Phantom 4. When I switched over to my iPhone 6, or my iPad Pro, it worked perfectly. You might also consider the quality of the USB cable that you're using to connect your mobile device to the R/C transmitter.

Good ideas. I know the cable I'm using is almost brand new, but I'll test with a a different cable and see if that makes a difference. I'm using an LG G3, which I would think would be adequate given its other video capabilities. Does DJI publish minimum phone/tablet specs to use with the controller?

Hey, click on MENU and then the wrench, scroll to the bottom, then reset all... I think it will correct the issue.

The other thing, if you're using manual channel settings (?) set the transmission to 4mb

Let us know!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm very commonly getting a phone display that looks like the following when operating the P4. It seems most common when on the ground and usually clears up when flying. However, it does sometimes occur when flying as well.

The lines are not constant. They move around and change shape and color. They are mostly either green or magenta, though. I've never seen this when flying the P3. I updated the firmware and still have the same problem. It seems like signal interference or something.

Has anybody ever seen this behavior before?
View attachment 66303

View attachment 66304
...Adam, indication of Interference, you may be able to change channel and it May Clear up.. use it as a Warning, again of High Interference in that particular area, I've seen it when i inadvertently attempted to take off from a spot that had high voltage cables under-ground...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Thanks for all of the ideas. I've been tied up with work the past 1.5 weeks, but I should be able to do more testing later this week. I'll report back with any conclusions. I have seen this occur in a number of different locations, including very rural ones where I'm pretty sure high interference isn't likely the issue.

Your LG isn't powerful enough.

Here is what is recommended by DJI on their P4 Specs page ( DJI Phantom 4 – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads ):

Recommended Devices:

iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus

Personally, I'd get an approved iOS device. Preference would be iPad Air 2 + Cellualr, or iPadPro + Cellular (The cellular ones have the barometer and GPS which is helpful for some apps in Follow me up/down mode, etc.). Safer to buy the better one once than bad ones twice. Been there with Samsung (ugh!).

Your LG isn't powerful enough.

Here is what is recommended by DJI on their P4 Specs page ( DJI Phantom 4 – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads ):

Recommended Devices:

iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus

Personally, I'd get an approved iOS device. Preference would be iPad Air 2 + Cellualr, or iPadPro + Cellular (The cellular ones have the barometer and GPS which is helpful for some apps in Follow me up/down mode, etc.). Safer to buy the better one once than bad ones twice. Been there with Samsung (ugh!).

Interesting. I've looked at side-by-side spec comparisons of the LG G3 and it outperforms quite a few of the devices listed by DJI--some by quite a bit. I know, of course, that the devil is in the details and there may be a number of significant differences in software, specific hardware, etc. that DJI has ignored (since they don't list a single LG device).

Adam I am experiencing the same problem. It will be nice to know what the cause is and how to correct it. looking forward to hear what you come up with.

Reactions: Adam Morrison
Hey everyone I'm experiencing this similar problem. Where the whole screen it red. Does anybody have an I idea of what this could be. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1979.PNG
    IMG_1979.PNG
    978.1 KB · Views: 368
wow that sir was a great answer, I would never of thought that I guess that's why we are here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav