Setup of return to home feature questions

Reaction score
New P3A owner here-What is the best way to setup the return to home feature? On mine when I push the button it lands within 50 feet of me and I always have to guide it around stuff. Is that normal? What's a good You Tube video to watch and explain to me how to set it up right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Within 50ft? Oh my. Are you sure you're getting a good set of satellite locks prior to flying? That's the first thing to check ....

It will only fly back to you when it is farther than 20m...inside that distance, it will land wherever the p3 is when you activated the Rth.

An important point to understand is that in RTH you don't have to leave the Phantom to come all the way home and autoland. You can resume control at any point and take over.
You can see obstacles much better than the P3 can and choose a landing spot better too.
And you can fly faster than RTH will.
I use RTH all the time on long flights, to turn the P3 around and accurately aim for home.
But I always cancel soon after and bring the bird back manually to get it back sooner.

An important point to understand is that in RTH you don't have to leave the Phantom to come all the way home and autoland. You can resume control at any point and take over.
You can see obstacles much better than the P3 can and choose a landing spot better too.
And you can fly faster than RTH will.
I use RTH all the time on long flights, to turn the P3 around and accurately aim for home.
But I always cancel soon after and bring the bird back manually to get it back sooner.

As a matter of interest, are you a ATTI flyer?
And "accurately aim for home"..have you sussed out that little radar directional thingy bottom left corner?

I have the flight settings at the P. Is that correct?
P mode is the most used flight mode and is suitable for most flight.
Unless you enable multiple flight mode in the app, you cannot access the other settings and your Phantom will be in P mode regardless of the position of the switch.
Here's the relevant section from the manual.
i-cc3dZfs-L.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic