Settings used to get max distance with stock P3P

Reaction score
Mornin,

I live in the NW US and had a break in the rain this morning so went to test out my max distance over a local farm. Running the P3P I have the 32 channel hack, used channel 30 DJI GO app on iPad air 2, 2.4x, firmware 1.6 and no other mods.

I've noticed I lose video signal frequently when greater than 500m or so (various heights up to 120m). I did a little research with little luck (yet) and this morning I wasn't able to break 1000m. Lost video completely. I used the radar map to point back and return home manually.

This farm is naturally flat (off season), no electrical poles/towers, no trees, flooded in spots and I can see clear to the other side where there are houses on the side of a small mountain, roughly 2 miles away.

Are there other tweaks I'm maybe missing? Maybe video quality slide bar on channel selection...

thanks

Reactions: RaulBLas
Are your antenna oriented properly for the distance you're trying to fly?

I am no expert but how high are you flying? Sometimes you need to get a little higher so that you antenna's can reach the copter.

Try going higher. It works for me sometimes. And make sure you antenna's are pointed toward the copter and in the correct direction. If that doesn't work then let us know.

The W323B Phantom 3 Professional
The GL300B controller

this is off the top of my head as I'm still at work, but I'm fairly certain that's exactly what I have after much research. Hoping the rain holds off long enough to test again tonight...

The aerials need to be pointing vertically and at right angles to the transmitter. Not in V shape like I had before.
I get a range of 1.66 miles at about 350'.
Atmospherics etc can reduce range.

Higher altitude, I have flown over 1000m over the tops of trees without losing video radio signal. I think that's all you need to do to go further. Trying to find a more open place to see how far I can go without any mods

try the 32 channel hack, ive been getting great results compared to the regular channels.

how do you do the 32 channel hack? and has it been fixed with the latest ios firmware that was released a week or two ago?

I use android so im not sure. im pretty sure ive seen a few threads on here about that but i havent read it, they would probably know better than me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
the file to download is in the description of the video. i usually go with channel 30, 31 or 32

I use android so im not sure. im pretty sure ive seen a few threads on here about that but i havent read it, they would probably know better than me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
the file to download is in the description of the video. i usually go with channel 30, 31 or 32

32 channel hack does not increase distance as it only effects video channel not transmitter channel.

32 channel hack does not increase distance as it only effects video channel not transmitter channel.

yes, i know it will not increase rc signal, OP is losing video signal which this will help with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.