Settings information and CL mode problem

Reaction score
Hi guys,
after some times spent to take the perfect control on my Phatom and to eliminate all jello whil I shoot with a GoPro 3 1080 60fps, I'm looking for some help to understand how to work on the Naza software to adjust gain, pitch, roll... I saw that from the factory some level is set to 125% and some others on 100%... can someone gives to me some explanation?

Second thing: it seems that in CL flight mode the Phantom has the controls inverted: if i push to move forward it comes to me, if I push to move on the left it moves on the right and so on... some suggestions?

All the best and many thanks in advance.

MM

I'm in the same boat, as I want to learn what each gain setting does, but there's not much of a read-me about it.
tho if you hover many things in the Naza window a pop-up will give a brief description.

CL (and HL) can be a bit tricky. I believe both (or at least HL) will only operate while more than 60ft away.
and it's also important to note that CL is based on the the compass location that's recorded the moment you take off, as it records the compass orientation as well as GPS position.

But you can also manually record home compass direction by toggling between Off and CL 3-5 times until the indicator blinks.

Hi,
I can't comment on the gain settings but I am going to play with them though. It would be nice to have it tuned down just a little for filming moves.
With course lock, unless you reset it while in flight it uses the forward facing direction recorded when the quad is powered up. Ex, Quad facing north at power up. Fly around for a while then turn on CL. Forward will be north. If the quad is south of your location it will fly toward you. The controls will be reversed as with flying nose in. It is essentially doing that in CL when you have crossed your home point AND the recorded course direction is facing the other way. North in my example. There is a switch sequence that will record a new CL direction. Starting from off toggle the SW2 from of to CL 3-5 times. You should see a flashing green on the quad LED. I have had mixed luck with doing this though. Not sure why. It does work but the quad may need to be hovering or the rate at wich you move the switch has to be right. Not sure. Perhaps someone else can comment on that?

Cheers,

greg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl