Settings for GoPro with Plastic Case

Reaction score
I put the gopro case on the Phantom because I want more protection for the expensive camera and don't trust the small stock mount. Do I need to adjust settings in the software because it seems front heavy when trying to take off now. Does anyone have suggestions on settings?

If all you have added to the bare bird is the GoPro plus protective case on the stock, minimalist OEM mount, then you haven't added THAT much weight to seriously alter flight characteristics and require firmware settings change.

Yes, the unit is front heavy, but not as bad as EVERY other Phantom with a full 2D leveling gimbal. Yes, it takes off front heavy for the first second, so most just gun the throttle and pop it off the ground quickly where the internal self-leveling systems take over and compensate for the front weighted COG. No one so far has reported a way to compensate for that.

The only adjustment to make in the GoPro is to change the internal setting so your video is recorded UPSIDE DOWN in the camera....which since the camera will be UPSIDE DOWN in the cast attached to the gimbal....will make the image RIGHTSIDE UP.....again.

While you are learning keeping the case on does provide some protection, altho one of the reasons for the funky landing gear OEM system is to provide a protective cage around the camera....and that actually works pretty well. Eventually, after you stop crashing into things and earth, if you start adding the standard mods, gimbal, etc., that extra 100 gms = 100 sends of flight time LOST of the protective case just isn't worth it and you've got a lot of other sensitive stuff hanging there anyway, like the gimbal, as well. Most end up flying without the case and just being more careful all the way around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik