Setting up aircraft with new ipad for ground station

Reaction score
Where can I see a good tutorial on how to set up a phantom 2 with ipad and ground station?
I lost my original ipad that had it all done, which was done by someone else.
I have downloaded and installed the latest p2 assistant.
When I connect the aircraft to the PC, all I see in the assistant is either zero, none, or blank for the information.
Same thing with the main controller.

When I turn on the ground station app, it tries to locate the main controller, but can't find it.

I have watched a few youtube tutorials, but none cover what I need to know or the guy is hard to understand.

How do I get this thing to working?

What iPad do you have?

Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular.

Update of sorts
I have installed the assistant and the drivers.
Upon installing the drivers, I get told to connect to the controller.
I do and it continues.
Open the assistant.
When I first ran the assistant it asked for the login stuff. I don't recall if I entered that or not.
But once you do that, how and where do you input it again or verify what you have?
When I click on the "phantom" box in assistant, upper right corner, I get an error message saying I need to connect to the main controller.
I am connected!!!!

In one video I watched, on a P1, with everything connected but the battery, the assistant showed no information.
As soon as he powered up, all the information changed.
That don't happen with me.

WTF am I doing wrong?
Can someone please help me on this?

I want to do one flight this weekend and I can't get it working.

Could be your laptop I have a laptop " older " with the software assistant program in it , plugged in the phantom and the program wouldn't see the phantom , tried the whole thing on another computer and it all worked fine & I had the blinking blue light meaning you're connected.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl