Setting up a new phantom vision

Reaction score
Hello Guys!

New member here, just purchased a phantom vision as a way to get into the hobby...

So could you guys point me in the right direction? I want to get my phantom up and running but would like to know the procedures and fully update all the modules... So how do I start?

Thanks!
JC

James Cole said:
Hello Guys!

New member here, just purchased a phantom vision as a way to get into the hobby...

So could you guys point me in the right direction? I want to get my phantom up and running but would like to know the procedures and fully update all the modules... So how do I start?

Thanks!
JC

Disclaimer: I'm a dissatisfied and belligerent DJI customer

If you were a friend of mine this is how I'd reply...... Now, don't even open the box. Send it back, get a full refund and then go buy a Phantom V 1 or for even better fun buy a Blade QX 350.

Seriously, this thing is so full of bugs and problems that if this is your first multi rotor you might become jaded and lose interest in the sport. You need something that will work right out of the box and by using the "safe modes" or "intelligent orientation" capabilities of most of the machines on the market you can learn to fly and have fun in short order. There's plenty to learn and learning when the machine is doing things you don't understand or catch you by surprise could result in the loss of your machine or other damage.

Just read through the Phantom Vision pages here (especially about the battery connection) and you will have a better understanding of what I'm saying and why I'm saying it.

Now, I refer back to my disclaimer.

Well thanks sidewinder! To tell you the truth I really appreciate this kind of sincerity...

I live outside the US and purchased it at Precision Camera in Austin Tx while I was there... so returning it will be a bit difficult...

Could you please elaborate a bit more on what bugs are know at the moment? Also can this bugs be fixed via firmware update or is this a hardware problem apparently...

Thanks!
JC

Mine has been problem-free.

I suggest you read this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3964#p27253
It has a lot of detail in it and can be a little confusing itself.

At the DJI site
http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-vision-downloads/
watch the videos and get the latest software and drivers.

You want to install the drivers for your operating system Win or Win 8 (I have 8.1 and the Win 8 drivers worked). The Assistant software won't find your Vision unless you have the driver installed.

tx=transmitter=Remote Controller=RC. Get the RC Assistant Software v1.0 and connect to your remote controller and update it if it isn't V1.0.2.22. You have to open the controller to get at the micro-USB connection. There are pictures of how to do that in the above thread.

Get and install the Phantom 2 Vision Assistant Software v1.05. Start the software, hook up the Vision, and turn it on. The software will tell you what firmware version you have and whether an upgrade is available. Just follow the instructions. You want to get all the firmware upgrades. If you just install the first one, you will get an Invalid Battery error. At least that was my experience.

I'm a little puzzled about the iOS App. The dji website lists 1.0.27, but I have 1.0.28 and have had it for about a week.

I suggest not getting into the Naza and IOC stuff until you've made a few flights. I'm a total greenhorn myself, but after reading all the posts this seems to be what it boils down to.

Logistically, I guess you're pretty much stuck with it. Mailing and waiting, waiting and mailing too much PITA.

Mikeon pretty much covers the technical stuff you need to do. Hopefully you got one that is fully functional (I'm sure there are some out there). Just be careful with it and read, read and read some more. This isn't rocket surgery but it's not intuitive either. You should understand the systems and how they interact with one another to get full use and pleasure out of flying them. (they are fun when they work correctly). However, there is a learning curve.

as I said, I'm a bit jaded due to my current problem with this new machine. I'm confident that in time DJI will get a fix for the ongoing issues and/or users will come up with hacks/fixes but in the meantime I'm sure support is pretty busy and apparently does not know what to do hence, some like myself get the run around. Others have had the same problems and one phone call got returns and replacements, I haven't been so lucky. So, I sit ... fume and ***** about crappy CS and Support. I mean this started over two weeks ago and I'm still sitting here with a broke Phantom.

Have fun with your Phantom, I hope you have better luck than I.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31