Setting Gains

Reaction score
Lower your ATTI gains, it will slow stick response some. But I'm afraid it will not slow down the yaw.

Thanks for asking. I have same questions. We shall see......

Try 215 on both ATTI gains. If too sluggish bump up in increments of 5. Or go down in increments of 5 if still too responsive.

It will depend on each individual bird. Just make sure to test out in very open space.

In my opinion since your there Full IMU calibration. Make sure its a level surface.

And since your doing that. Make dang sure you do the compass dance in the field. Once done. Power off P2 and place it on the ground. Power back on and let IMU initiate with c/l and h/l lights before taking it up.

Keep close for a while to evaluate its GPS hover. If that seems normal then test how it responds to your stick commands.

You might have to go through this process several times adjusting gain to what you want.

Good luck and keep is all posted. I fear you might not achieve your goal without a lot more practice or going through the $ on a Futaba remote and Ianwoods programming.

;) what about the nose down calibration? Please don't tell me you sit and spin with quad over your head....especially with your accessories hanging over your head. ;)

If not already known to you... lengthen the sticks too.

The top section loosens to allow the lower section to be raised maybe a 1/4 inch or so then re-tighten the top section again.

N017RW said:
If not already known to you... lengthen the sticks too.

The top section loosens to allow the lower section to be raised maybe a 1/4 inch or so then re-tighten the top section again.
whoa.

If I am in so far over my head I don't even know I'm underwater... please let me know without the tar and feathers.

As for the compass dance, I’m using one of those hooks hanging from the back porch (put the plant back when you are finished or face the consequences) and a piece of string tied to the prop guards. Really impressed with the lazy Susan idea though. That’s much better than tying it to my dog while he is chasing his tail.

You folks probably know better than me, but, I would keep adjusting the gain. I adjusted the gain on my yaw down to 50% to keep from making myself & the machine from going whacky. There’s still plenty of control, even in our gusty wind conditions.

Did you get any noticeable change? What could it hurt to change the numbers a bit more?
You could always put them back where you found them if it doesn’t work.

I have to agree with the cautious test flights. I’ve tied my machine down more than once.

I may as well ask this question while I am here flapping my lips.
Is the IMU calibration an important step in this process? Did I snooze through that lesson?

Will I be able to delete this post before too many people see it?

To many questions to answer using my phone..but here goes;)

Since some are directed to the OP I'll let him answer some.

First you mentioned adjusting yaw. In firmware 3.06 the yaw is only in GPS gains row. GPS gains are how bird reacts to environment (wind etc)

ATTI row gains are for stick response ( 3.06 only let's you input Pitch & Roll gains in ATTI)

IMU calibration is not required. Its just a matter of already being hooked to the computer with software running. Kind of a test of patience watching it go through process. ;)

So "no" you did not snooze through that lesson.

And finally "No" you have not deleted it yet...but if you do, I'll have to delete mine or I'll be the only guy rambling on.

Thanks,

I understood about half of that. I won't delete and will read it again in the morning.

Some of you really crack me up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20