Setting Gains and Center of Gravity

Reaction score
I just got a new gimbal for my Phantom and was wondering if I would have to adjust my gains or center of gravity. I contacted the gimbal manufacturer and he said that it is different on every quad due to variable in the ESC's.

Does anyone have a good reference or "how to" for adjusting gains and center of gravity.

Please and Thank You. (Ron Swanson)

fr3style said:
Hi did you ever get any news on this!

I am in the same boat now!

I never did hear from anyone else on their experiences. But all I did was hook up the gimbal and everything worked fine. No adjustments necessary.

If you have to adjust the CG by adding weight, then I won't do it since most likely the balance won't be a problem.
As for the GAIN setting, since you added more weight with the gimbals so if it feel sluggish, you have to increase the GAIN for pitch and roll NOT yaw. Add 10% at a time but if you keep adding, it will come to a point where it starts to oscillate then you have to decrease by 10%. For real heavy Phantom, even you increase the gain up to 200% it may not oscillate but you have to find the setting where it flies best for you in both calm and windy situations.

I'm bumping this, because I took mine out today and the footage is so jerky it's worse than having no gimbal!

The "Servo Travel Limit" setting are fine, and I've adjusted the centre-point to make the gimbal flat.

But the "Automatic Control Gain" settings are where I'm probably going wrong.. I think they're at 30 atm, so gonna bring them down and see if that helps.

:(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl