Setting Fail Safe Height

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me when i hook my Phantom up to the computer, and go to the DJI Program, I set my fail safe Return height to 100 feet,,,but the numbers i entered stay red...I think they were black before, The numbers i entered stay but there red...Is this correct....? K-Man

Can anyone tell me when i hook my Phantom up to the computer, and go to the DJI Program, I set my fail safe Return height to 100 feet,,,but the numbers i entered stay red...I think they were black before, The numbers i entered stay but there red...Is this correct....? K-Man

When enter numbers whether RTH or in the gains they do turn until you hit enter then they will turn black and locked in. If you don't hit the enter key they will go back to the default settings.

Welcome to the forums and good flying.

Instead of trying to set a one-size-fits-all RTH height, it's often better to set it in flight to a height that is appropriate for the environment you are flying in.
Do that by resetting your home point up above trees or obstacles.
i-TCNTBc8-L.jpg

When enter numbers whether RTH or in the gains they do turn until you hit enter then they will turn black and locked in. If you don't hit the enter key they will go back to the default settings.

Welcome to the forums and good flying.
I thought so too ! when you hit enter it should turn black...but it stays red!

I was wondering if i was missing a step somewhere? I set the Height i set the distance and they were red but turned black when i hit enter...its just the return to home setting thats staying red when i hit enter?

Instead of trying to set a one-size-fits-all RTH height, it's often better to set it in flight to a height that is appropriate for the environment you are flying in.
i-TCNTBc8-L.jpg
Roger that...thats why i was setting the return to home height..i wanted to make sure it was high enough where i fly.

Don't know what to tell you. It works that way on mine when I change any of the setting.

If the default is 20m noway is that high enough in a mature forest. I set mine for 36m (118') which would the tree tops without a problem. That is if I ever find myself in position where I didn't know where it was.

If the default is 20m noway is that high enough in a mature forest. I set mine for 36m (118') which would the tree tops without a problem. That is if I ever find myself in position where I didn't know where it was.
I was trying to set mine at 100 feet that would be plenty where i use my Phantom for now..But wanted to find out how to set if i ever needed the height reset,,,

I was trying to set mine at 100 feet that would be plenty where i use my Phantom for now..But wanted to find out how to set if i ever needed the height reset,,,

Maybe the RTH is in conflict with your altitude and radius settings

Shouldnt i be able to set my Alt at 1000 and my Radius at 3000..? and still set my RTH Height...Im just asking cause this is new to me...

Mine are set 305' altitude, 1640' radius and 118' RTH. I can just hear the monologue can you see me now. :D

Mine are set 305' altitude, 1640' radius and 118' RTH. I can just hear the monologue can you see me now. :D
I have been flying fixed wing aircraft sense the 70s when i got into RC..Belong to a few clubs sense then..I have learned to obey the rules when it comes to RC. So Just because my Alt is set at 1000 doesnt mean i will break the 400 alt rule. I just want the extra height just in case for some reason i have to go beyond the 400...o_O

Ok Problem solved... when i turned the computer back on to check my settings with the PT2 app/ everything was where i left it. The alt was right and the other settings were right...So it was red when i marked it and when i signed out and came back..every setting that was red was now black...so it had seeded....Sweet!:cool:

i-TCNTBc8-L.jpg
I was reading Your post helping Someone with return to Home setting. Can You tell Me how I set My failsafe return to home setting. I can't seem to find it. Or do I need to be connected to the aircraft ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1