Set up

Reaction score
My fc40 was backordered on the sale a couple of weeks ago. Was advised Friday that they came in and it was on the way. As a new user, is there anything that needs to be done other then the compass calibration? It seems like everything I have read, if you are new to the Phantom (i have other quads) the only thing you really need to set up is the return home. Like I said, new to DJI, so just looking for answers, everything else I have had is just stick controlled.

Thanks

It may be worth turning IOC on. It's a handy tool to have, especially if you get disoriented on which way your phantom is facing. I'm really not sure why it's defaulted off on the FC40. You do this in the naza assistant on your PC. You can look over YouTube and see all about IOC. YouTube can also help you link the phantom to your PC.

You can also check your firmware in the naza assistant. Another thing that some new users will do is set limits on how far it can go away from the home point, as well as his high it can go. If you're really new this makes it stop moving away at a certain point. There are pros and cons to it, but it's something to think about. You can always raise the limits down the line.

One last thing, if you're in the US, is to change your controller from CE to FCC mode. This basically boosts your controllers transmit. It's done by adjusting a screw on the back of the controller. Once again YouTube can prob help you with that. This is legal to do in the US, and probably some other countries, but I don't know specifics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj