Set Trim

Reaction score
My new Phantom Vision keeps turning to the right. The left control I have to keep pushed to the left a little to keep it straight. Is there a way to set trim? Am I doing something wrong? Any thoughts?

Have you used the Naza software and calibrated the controller? I would start there.

There is no trim setting during live flight on the controller.

Actually, you don't need the software to calibrate the controller . . .

I don't have a link to the details etc, but I'm pretty sure it's done with just the Tx, (or with the phantom powered also).

Thanks for the replies. I did do the calibration. I have never used naza before. I am to get my upgraded props soon so maybe that will resolve the issue. It just stinks if I let off the left turn than it turns right. Otherwise flies pretty well and is easy to fly.

how many flights have been like this, has it done this since day one? there could be any any number of issues. Do you have a damaged prop? Do you have a problem with this in GPS and ATTI mode?

Actually it was my first flight outside. No damaged props, have not crashed yet. I have prop guards on. As far as I can tell not trouble with the gps. Hovers well but turns to the right. Does not leave spot much when controls are let go of.

Flew it today did not seem to have turning problem must of been something I was doing. Today got too close to a tree, even with prop guards broke 3 props. Then had hard landing broke one more careful. Will look into carbon fiber blades.

often time the CF Blades are more brittle. Best option is not to hit things. :lol: The CF Props will help with stability and weight load a lot but not so much with prop strikes. If you are not loading up I would stick with the cheap o's till you are good with flying. Just trying to save you a little cash.

On the other hand I am glad to hear your turning issues are resolved. It may have just been a bad calibration. When mine has a poor cal it goes around in circles slowly YAW not Roll. when I see that I land and do the compass dance again. That is just me.

I will have to get some new blades. At this point I have all blades, but no extras. Carbon fiber do not seem that much more expensive. Are there good links trim and balance props? The reviews on standard plastic self tightening seem like they are not that good. The cf need trimmed, what to do?

Where is the best place to get them? Carbon or reg? How long for the carbon ? Does length help or hurt? Any thoughts? Where can i learn about trim and mounting ? Any help would be Appreciated as i am new.

I fixed my trim by opening up the Phantom and putting some plastic spacers or washers under one side of my receiver/gyro board. Take out 2 screws on the side you want to put spacers under and loosen the 2 screws on the other side. My phantom went right and forward. I tilted my board right and forward. "Flies perfect now". (None of the calibrating worked for me so I did this.)

My new Phantom Vision keeps turning to the right. The left control I have to keep pushed to the left a little to keep it straight. Is there a way to set trim? Am I doing something wrong? Any thoughts?
NewI fixed my trim by opening up the Phantom and putting some plastic spacers or washers under one side of my receiver/gyro board. Take out 2 screws on the side you want to put spacers under and loosen the 2 screws on the other side. My phantom went right and forward. I tilted my board right and forward. "Flies perfect now". (None of the calibrating worked for me so I did this.)

I just came across how to trim the Phantom 3 drone. It's inside the setting on the app! When you go to the menu up in the upper right corner, click on that. Then go to the settings on the remote control. In there is the trim for the standard mode. Hope this helps you guys it's helped me thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20