Set home point - multiple problems...

Reaction score
ok so the latest version of the iOS app has the ability to set the home point for either the bird or your iPad. But I'm having problems....

Firstly when trying to set the home point to my iPad I get the message that Gps signal is weak and can't be set. I know the iPad is fine as my position is pinpointed on the map. I then discovered that the P3 has to be powered on. Not sure why as its my position I want to record and not the birds. So it now allows me to set my position, but I get the warning that RTH will come back to this spot at an altitude of 0m as set in my fail safe settings (I have set it to 50m). So I click ok and then I get a message saying home point cannot be recorded!

So I try to set the birds home point and get the same warnings and also a message saying home point failed.

Am I being dim or is something not right? Has anybody else tried these features with success?

Cheers

Nick

ok so the latest version of the iOS app has the ability to set the home point for either the bird or your iPad. But I'm having problems....

Firstly when trying to set the home point to my iPad I get the message that Gps signal is weak and can't be set. I know the iPad is fine as my position is pinpointed on the map. I then discovered that the P3 has to be powered on. Not sure why as its my position I want to record and not the birds. So it now allows me to set my position, but I get the warning that RTH will come back to this spot at an altitude of 0m as set in my fail safe settings (I have set it to 50m). So I click ok and then I get a message saying home point cannot be recorded!

So I try to set the birds home point and get the same warnings and also a message saying home point failed.

Am I being dim or is something not right? Has anybody else tried these features with success?

Cheers

Nick
I have not tried it because I don't have iOS, but let me try to help based on what I know.
Firstly when trying to set the home point to my iPad I get the message that Gps signal is weak and can't be set. I know the iPad is fine as my position is pinpointed on the map.
I assume you are not using a WiFi only iPad?
I then discovered that the P3 has to be powered on. Not sure why as its my position I want to record and not the birds.
The bird is what stores the home point, not the app. Otherwise the bird wouldn't know how to return home if the app was not running or the controller lost signal.
So it now allows me to set my position, but I get the warning that RTH will come back to this spot at an altitude of 0m as set in my fail safe settings (I have set it to 50m).
I'm guessing the message is based off of the 0m bug in the app. Try closing the app with the bird still on, then setting your RTH altitude to 50m, then setting the new homepoint.
Probably has to do with the prior state of the home point failing. Try one or the other after having manually set your RTH altitude.

And report back.

I too can not set my home point anymore. It was fine till now. It says weak device gps signal. The bird is on and I'm using a galixy s7 that has been fine. I've tried different locations and even in ones that have worked before. Any input on this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic