Set distance world record with Stock PV2+! 6480 ft/1.2 Mile

Reaction score
As many of you know from my post i have been trying to go the furthest distance with my stock out of the box bird. Same starting point and ending point and around the same altitude each time.

I hit 4100 feet first time then 4796 feet second time and today.....

I went an unbelievable 6480.9888 ft or 1.22746 miles from take off point. :p :eek: :shock:

I mapped it out on Google Distance Map and this number could be 50-100ft off but it isn't far off when looking a the video and map and landmarks to judge end point at.

Key to this was a full charge on everything and me going full throttle forward and a steady altitude climb till i got to cruising altitude.

As far as I can tell this is the most anyone has went documented and posted on the internet with e stock PV2 plus.

In the video below you can see the front of the bird tilt down violently a few times...today wind was a steady 10mph with gust i n the 20mph range. I was in a head wind some of time. I still has FPV ad I think the wind was carrying it but at the same time knocking out but it would come back on and I would keep going.

This is my 43 flight and I am really at astonished at how well these thing s fly and the distance. I really dont think i can go much farther this has to be the limit...dayum over 1 mile???? WOW! And did it in under 3 minutes!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYjBMYR91s0[/youtube]

Attachments

• phantom distance record 1.2mile.JPG
    phantom distance record 1.2mile.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 878
Re: HOLY SNIKIES! Just set the world record with PV2+!

{:0)

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Re: HOLY SNIKIES! Set distance world record with PV2+! 1.2

And I can't go 300 feet without a lost connection

Re: Set distance world record with Stock PV2+! 6480 ft/1.2 M

How low was your battery when you headed home?

ResevorDG said:
Meta4 said:
ResevorDG said:
What was your cursing altitude?

What altitude makes you curse?

Haha I'm on my iPad and autocorrect got the best of me.

Cruising altitude. :)

Maybe cursing altitude is more apt with the new safety features lolol :lol:

Congrats!
Last night I just flew some 1,5km. These things are amazing!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I had clear FPV and good control signal but chickened out after 1,5km and switched S1 to RTH :)
The feeling when she comes back after some 2-3minutes out of sight is very special. :)

How do you do it?

When my P2V+ gets too far away, I break into a sweat. How are you so confident?

Thanks guys.... as for how did i do it...it took 3 tries but to be honest you have to have faith in the equipment. I am flying over a area that is non populated anyways. I wouldn't do this over a city ect ect I can fly pretty good with FPV now. Of course a spotter with binoculars helps

Big Chips said:
Thanks guys.... as for how did i do it...it took 3 tries but to be honest you have to have faith in the equipment. I am flying over a area that is non populated anyways. I wouldn't do this over a city ect ect I can fly pretty good with FPV now. Of course a spotter with binoculars helps

That is indeed what's stopping me from trying right now. I mean, that and the crap downmy pants as soon as the bird gets too small in the distance, or even when i read 'connection broken' on my phone. I still have control though, didn't send it to the point where it goes into failsafe mode and iniates RTH by itself. Right in the middle of Shanghai, if anything happens with it, i'm a,most sure to hit someone or something or both most likely, so no luck flying as far as i could yet. Getting better in low and close quarter tricks now though. :)

Thanks for sharing your achievements, it gives us newbies something to look up to. :)

Nice...my battery would've probably died by then...with my PV2+ I'm only getting like 10 minutes flight time if I fly around. If I let it hover I get like 16 minutes.

It took around 2 1/2 minutes to reach that field the whole thing lasted about 7 minutes I had PLENTY of battery power left.

Thats one hell of a distance !! So looking at the vid you basically kept height up to keep best chance of signal retention ? Like others on here I get really twitchy when its almost out of sight, and I still have not got to grips with the fpv on small screens even though I have tried larger screens like nexus 7 and my samsung tab3 8" screen, they just lose definition and picture looks crap, so I am reverting back to smaller 5" screen on my S3.

I only got my P2V in Jan, and have just recently got the plus, so I have basically been learning to fly the aircraft properly visually before concentrating on flying using fpv only at distance, which is going to take some bollocks !!

You must have bollocks the size of a horse to fly that far out especially on fpv lolol

:lol:

Big Chips said:

You should fit a Flytrex!

yesterday i broke this record! 1.344 miles! over 7000 feet! I made it across the road in the video and then turned around and came home...that is it for me...i accomplished my goal. I did have to raise it to 820 feet to make it

Big Chips said:
yesterday i broke this record! 1.344 miles! over 7000 feet! I made it across the road in the video and then turned around and came home...that is it for me...i accomplished my goal. I did have to raise it to 820 feet to make it

7000' ffs lol

fair play m8 and yes that would have been one for the flytrex map !

:lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31