Servo release?

Reaction score
I'm new with my P3 and have to say I love it!

I wanted to find out if there was a servo release that could take targets out for us to shoot without having to walk out to 1000 yards for practice when we are practicing for competition shoots. If I could even hold a small target that was say a can, could I attache it to my P3 send it out at 1000 yards, drop it then hover over the target and shoot that same target after I released the can to see results?

I think this would be another great way to show another great use for the P3 and others in our club could get on board with using them to help target practice and something more than just shooting videos.
Cheers,
B.

It's against the law to drop objects from another flying object, such as model aircraft. People do it, but it's a no-no. There haven't been any solutions available, I think for liability reasons.

Just ordered this for my P3. Joined a search and rescue and it will be necessary to drop life vests, medkits etc.

Gimbal-Guard
That looks effective, but a little big and heavy. Servos can be bought much smaller, and the receiver is way too big, but this isn't bad for a first product. I was planning to look for something like this at CES this week. Thx.

Let's not get into the areas which tighten FAA norms further.

It's against the law to drop objects from another flying object, such as model aircraft. People do it, but it's a no-no. There haven't been any solutions available, I think for liability reasons.

Why do you continue to post such nonsense?

Can we stop the Negativity Who cares what the FAA thinks, If i can save somebody's life i will go to bed peacefully and neither the FAA or anyone else will stop me from doing so. Everyone needs to stop being so Paranoid and Scared of what the FAA might think and Stand Up and fight for your Rights!!!

Reactions: Solar Deity
Sound to me like he is not going to drop his target but place it where
He needs then let loose of it.
I use mine to check painted steel targets way out there as its faster then traveling on a 4 wheeler.

Reactions: Badfinger
Some great posts, some...silly. It's great to read about the SWARM too.

Sound to me like he is not going to drop his target but place it where
He needs then let loose of it.
I use mine to check painted steel targets way out there as its faster then traveling on a 4 wheeler.

You are correct. It would make my life easier when practicing for competition to set something down, or if nothing else drop something at 600+ yards. Walking out there, or taking a quad is just yuck.

Whats to stop u from hanging/shooting a target thats hanging from the quad then fly back , sure not useable for a 5 shot group but decent practice for someone who what to practice a can at 400yrds

Thought about that...man, one would sure go through batteries. LOL Do we know a weight that it could lift ? I'm sure paper targets with counter weights to keep it steady would not be to heavy.

Good thing about this Release hook has its own battery an you do not need to tap into the P3 at all

Whats to stop u from hanging/shooting a target thats hanging from the quad then fly back , sure not useable for a 5 shot group but decent practice for someone who what to practice a can at 400yrds
I thought about the hanging bird target but one bad shot and it could cost you the bird, ya never know when
you may discharge a bad round and the ballistics are way off or the bird moves more than you
thought it would.

Yeah valid point, but im a nobody hobby shooter and i dont own a gun that would be within inches of a pop can at 400yds. U said competition circuit. But yeah, i hear ya

There was a guy about two years ago who manufactured a hook like thing that he attached to the legs of the phantom. It was on a very slight angle. He hooked his payload onto the hook and when he got to the target site, simply full-throttled forward, the craft tilted down heavily and the payload slipped off. There was a YT video on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31