Servo/gimbal power question

Reaction score
In another thread I've explained the problems I've been having with my Pv camera.

The question I have is the camera servo/gimbal powered from the camera plug or does it get power from its own connector that is routed up through the lower body section of the Pv itself.

This could be easily found out by unplugging the camera plug and powering on the Pv and see if the servo/gimbal powers on and goes to its default position.
I would test this myself however my Pv is boxed up and waiting on a brown truck to take it back to the vendor for a replacement to be sent out.

Any input from other would be appreciated and help conclude what happened to my Pv.

I tried it. With the camera unplugged, when I would tilt the PV, the gimbal would respond by adjusting the camera angle. So it has its own power separate from the camera plug. With the camera unplugged, I could not get a wifi connection to try the iPhone camera angle adjustments.

Mikeon thanks for performing this test.
I was fairly confident that the servo/gimbal would get its power from its own source from under the phantom. This makes sense not having everything running through the camera plug... There seems to be enough going on their already.

It also makes sense that with the plug not supplying power to the camera that the camera would not connect to the range extender or allow tilt control of the camera. Also interesting to note that the camera plug is providing two way communication back to the servo/gimbal through the plug.... So moving the camera angle in the app goes to the range extender which communicates to the Pv camera, up though the camera connection cable and somehow translated and signal sent to the servo.

Thanks again for testing.
Just trying to understand this thing better and how things react with one another.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20