Servo F2 port help

Reaction score
Dear phantompilots,

I plugged in my servo to the F2 port of my phantom 2, my servo moves to a certain spot and does not move after this.
But if i try to use the tilt on the back of my controller it's not moving my servo.

Does anyone has a solution on how to get my servo controllable?
My idea is to use a servo as shutter control for a digital camera on my drone.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I am wondering if you have got any further with port F2?
DJI European Support stone walled me when I asked how to activate this port. They are determined you should be using their zenmuse gimbal, and have built in the pitch signal to the Zenmuse (grey) cable. My supplier told me when I damaged the gimbal ribbon cable (H3 3D gimbal) that repair was not cost effective! Not happy with DJI's attitude here, and I bought a cheap Chinese gimbal as a stand in (temp?). When I tried Naza Assist sotware it did not enable me to make changes (re gimbal pitch). I was told by DJI Support that the main controller does not work with the Naza Assist software. Another blocking attempt?
I can confirm that Port F2 puts out a 50:50 duty cycle signal, but changing this via the pitch control on the transmitter needs some kind of activation. EXTREMELY frustrating. I have lettered DJI CEO. Awaiting response! Even thinking of changing the Naza Main controller if I can! - not researched.

Just re-read your post. I take it you are not using a GoPro camera? If not then you may have noticed my mentioning that the pitch signal has been embedded in the ribbon cable to the GoPro (well it goes first through some little "filter board"). It struck me that if you can determine which signal on that cable is pitch control, you can probably hijack it for your shutter control. And that makes me think that I might do the same for my Chinese gimbal!

No luck I'm afraid. I have the kit (oscilloscope) to look for signals on the cable.
What I found was a train of pulses on the first two conductors at one side (others will be video and audio). I could see no obvious change to either signal as I moved the pitch level on the Tx.
Perhaps DJI have invented their own servo control system? If my hardware is OK, then I can see no way to tap into this cable for a pitch or other control signal purpose.
Just need to keep searching for how to activate port F2 on the Phantom 2! I know this was possible on some earlier Phantoms, but not Phantom 2 perhaps??

Unfortunately, the zenmuse cable will not support any other gimbal. The zenmuse talks to the phantom with someting called "can bus" and it is a language only spoken by zenmuse products. The only way to use a zenmuse cable is to program a imu to understand this language.

The F2 port has to work on the phantom 2 because the phantom 2 vision (Not vision plus) works via this port... I guess we just have to find the appropriate assistant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav