SERVICE LIFE?

As I said I fly many aircraft so I won't get the most extreme life from the battery(s). 50 cycles or so

It's a hobby. Hobbies cost money.

Have you ever priced r/c nitro fuel?
It doesn't read anything like 50 cycles. I was expecting 50 cycles.

It's a hobby. I don't worry about the economics. Maybe it's 40 hrs so far on 3.5 batts.
With planks, MRs, CP helis, hydros, and scale cars I'm too busy having fun to do accounting. :)

Reactions: macoman
It's a hobby. I don't worry about the economics. Maybe it's 40 hrs so far on 3.5 batts.
With planks, MRs, CP helis, hydros, and scale cars I'm too busy having fun to do accounting. :)
Lucky you can afford to be like that. I am envious.

As I said I fly many aircraft so I won't get the most extreme life from the battery(s). 50 cycles or so

It's a hobby. Hobbies cost money.

Have you ever priced r/c nitro fuel?
Not 50 cycles, I was expecting 50 hours on a battery. Clearly I was deluded.

Lucky you can afford to be like that. I am envious.
Well it's a lifetime's accumulation and I care for my stuff. I work hard and value my down-time.
You'd be surprised what you can save if you're not buying $5 coffees, new mobiles every year, $100 Shoes, etc.
Sorry if you got wrong impression.

Well it's a lifetime's accumulation and I care for my stuff. I work hard and value my down-time.
You'd be surprised what you can save if you're not buying $5 coffees, new mobiles every year, $100 Shoes, etc.
Sorry if you got wrong impression.
Agreed... Our hobby cost money but it is a pleasure!

............ I've flown well over 500 klms with my P4 and probably another 100 klms with my original PS3 with the only problems being related to glitches in either the dji or litchi app giving me occasional grief. They are a fairly robust platform and good value for money IMO said:
Thanks for the info. & trying to help!

I need a little sympathy in this respect - new to drones!

We humans get together in groups...like in any group of people, we invent a special language to show we are part of the "in" crowd. I am not yet "clued-in". How about helping me out by explaining what a "klm" is..

As for your comment about "glitches", I am HOPING that since I and my Phantom 3 "standard" are brand new, that when I upgrated their latest "GO" program, (last week ) I am "glitch free"...? (Took it off the "beginner mode" after the first few hours - seems to function well; the 'GO HOME" feature has already saved the thing twice now !)

As a "side-note", (let me note I am a retired defense attorney for a major insurance company) I am astonished they are selling these things without prop. "guards".

I just installed a set; ( bet they cost pennies to make....) do not see any difference in performance. 0bviously much less likely to seriously injure folks & pets if they come in contact with the device.

If I were providing legal advice to the drone industry, they wouldnt be putting these things out to the public without built-in prop guards.

I've gotten 20 hours to date with no sign of trouble with drone, controller and using 3 batteries. I perform regular flight checks before every flight, do regular firmware updates and regular maintenance for batteries. No crashes, tip overs or hard landings make a huge difference with my gear. I would expect to double this as long as you fly respecting the unit as a serious drone and not a toy.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20