Service Contract - Neary or DJI?

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm contemplating the purchase of a service contract for my P3A. Upon researching it looks like either Neary or DJI is the way to go. I read through their terms and conditions can each seems to have it's pros and cons (a pro for Neary is that it's $20 cheaper).

However, the part that I didn't like about Neary is it's choice of replacement parts as stated in the contract...
  1. Unless specifically identified elsewhere in this Contract, replacement shall be with parts comparable in features; Neary is not responsible for matching color of the parts. The use of non-original manufacturer Component Parts, including rebuilt or refurbished parts, is permitted in making repairs under this Contract. We will use original manufacturer Component Parts when non-original manufacturer Component Parts are unavailable.
I did't really like the sound of that...

I've seen other posts regarding insurance but wanted to get some opinions from people that have used both service contracts (I know the DJI one is fairly new so I don't know how much feedback I'll get) and what your feelings are. It's an expensive investment (obviously not as expensive as fixing the bird without) but an investment all the same and I just wanted to get the best bang for my buck...

Thanks!

While I (luckily) haven't made a claim with Neary, I've heard nothing but good things about them. And he repeatedly has stated that they have yet to deny a claim. If the quad is wrecked, and comes back good as new, I'm not particularly concerned with whether it was fixed with new or refurbished parts.

The customer service at DJI, on the other hand, seems to be hit or miss.

Personally, I would always prefer to support a small local business than a chinese corporation, but a lot of people aren't worried about it.

Reactions: Neary Aerial
I also dont know what is to keep Neary from going belly up and closing nor the assurances that any service contract survives or is refunded in that event. They are teamed up with UAV repair shop, but that doesnt mean if one or the other close - you have anything other than a piece of paper from them.

While I (luckily) haven't made a claim with Neary, I've heard nothing but good things about them. And he repeatedly has stated that they have yet to deny a claim. If the quad is wrecked, and comes back good as new, I'm not particularly concerned with whether it was fixed with new or refurbished parts.

The customer service at DJI, on the other hand, seems to be hit or miss.

Personally, I would always prefer to support a small local business than a chinese corporation, but a lot of people aren't worried about it.

Those were my thoughts as well. I'm already going through hell with DJI trying to get parts that I ordered through the online store and ended up missing from my shipment. The DJI service contract seems more restrictive than Neary's. It's the possibility of non-OEM replacement parts that kind of bugs me though. I'm probably being paranoid, but a concern all the same...

I also dont know what is to keep Neary from going belly up and closing nor the assurances that any service contract survives or is refunded in that event. They are teamed up with UAV repair shop, but that doesnt mean if one or the other close - you have anything other than a piece of paper from them.

Good point as well...

I went with Neary gold plan for my P3A. I have the same concerns others do but decided it was worth it to get some sort of coverage. Others seem to have positive things to say about their experiences with Neary and the owner is quick to respond to emails. Hope I don't have to use it

Hope you guys don't have to use your Neary plan anytime soon. I sent my drone in at the end of January and still haven't gotten it back yet. Every week the answer is, waiting on parts and it will be sent out soon.

Don't know about the DJI plan since I haven't read any reviews, but at least it's from the manufacturer.

The owner of Neary frequents these forums and I would expect will see this thread and respond; part of the reason I went with the Neary gold plan on one of my P3 Pro's is so that I don't have to wait over a month to have it repaired - will be interesting to hear from him on this matter.
Regarding the use of refurbished parts; I couldn't care less as long my bird comes back whole and in perfect working order.

Last edited:
The owner of Neary frequents these forums and I would expect will see this thread and respond; part of the reason I went with the Neary gold plan on one of my P3 Pro's is so that I don't have to wait over a month to have it repaired - will be interesting to hear from him on this matter.
Regarding the use of refurbished parts; I couldn't care less as long my bird comes back whole and in perfect working order.

I'm interested to see a reply as well. It may assist my decision as to which plan to go with...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I went with the DJI plan because it's direct from the manufacturer. I am not worried that their customer service is a hit or miss, in the end, I purchased a plan and if it is covered by their insurance plan they have no choice but to honor it under the agreement.

Hope you guys don't have to use your Neary plan anytime soon. I sent my drone in at the end of January and still haven't gotten it back yet. Every week the answer is, waiting on parts and it will be sent out soon.

Don't know about the DJI plan since I haven't read any reviews, but at least it's from the manufacturer.

Any update on the status of your repair?

i also have the neary gold plan.. I have communicated with Matt on several different times just asking questions and hes very fast to respond. Infact, i sold my standard and purchased a pro and hes allowing me to swap coverage and pay just a small difference in the fee.. he didnt have to do that and once i get it (should be today) I will go ahead and pay the difference and know im covered. I have not filed a claim with him yet with anything so I cannot attest to how fast things go, but I know if I had any concerns I would definitely reach out to him, he seems to really want your business.

Matt does respond to emails fairly quickly usually within 1-2 hours. Unfortunately I still haven't gotten mine back yet. He said if they can't fix it they will send me a new one, but no ETA on when that will be.

Matt does respond to emails fairly quickly usually within 1-2 hours. Unfortunately I still haven't gotten mine back yet. He said if they can't fix it they will send me a new one, but no ETA on when that will be.

Sorry to hear that. Can anyone else that has had to send their Phantom in to Neary's for repair/replacement please share your experience? I'm probably gonna go with them for insurance but I want to see some more "real world" comments before I totally decide against DJI's insurance...

I'm curious to know if there's any update to the status of your bird...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I did get a replacement for my drone. The explanation was that the local repair shop wasn't doing their job, Matt got them to send a brand new in box P3A.

Reactions: ScopeTech

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20