Seriously, don't skip any steps.

Reaction score
Went flying today, waited for the usual full GPS lock and the two sets of flashing green. Worked fine. Only went up for a few minutes on a full charge. I landed and powered down and some dude comes walking over and of course wants to see it work.

I had to go but I told him I'd hover it for a second so he could see it. I wasn't going to wait for a whole startup sequence just for a ten second hover at five feet. Powered up, eased the left stick up and KABOOM! LIFTOFF! The thing shot straight up into the air like a rocket and RAN for it. Must've climbed about 80ft. and then just chose a direction.

I found it in the woods about 200yds away.

Don't do that.

But, was "the dude" impressed? ;)

Seriously, bummer. Hope she was not too worse for the "adventure" and glad you got her back...

...Skeeter
since 1960....

Dude thought it was awesome. As soon as it launched itself into the sky, I started cursing a blue streak. He was all, "Wow! That thing goes really high!" I'm going, "Ah! I LOST it!" He goes, "Naw. Boy that thing goes really fast, doesn't it?"

Hope he didn't wait too long for me to answer because I just sprinted away without a word. He stole my FPV display shade. This was so worth it.

The P2 survived okay. The gimbal is on its way to DJI for repair.

"...stole my FPV display shade." Dude was a d*** :x

Yeah. It's funny now. I bet it wasn't at the time... You have a great attitude about it! I would probably be washing my shorts about now!! :eek:

Got any video to share this moment with?

Eh... it's still not that funny. I don't much miss that shade though. Didn't fit well or do too much. I'm mostly just happy that I had a fly-away and got it back. I got awful lucky with my stupid.

I got an SOS screen on my GoPro, but it didn't seem to work out. I've got a file on my microSD card that is about 1.5MB in size, and contains 7 minutes of black silence. I tried to recover it by running a Perl script and some software I found, but no joy. I would LOVE to see the video.

Also, I've been in similar situations but I always let it go through startup and get GPS.
Sorry yours took off but glad it survived okay.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik