Serious Video feed lag on my P3A. help!

I'm having this lag too with mini4 was fine, after a few updates past it's had this horrid lag issue. Telemetry does not lag I can still do flights and fly with the map. I have been trouble shooting this issue for a while now and I've ran out of ideas. Was hoping 1.9 would help but did nothing this started for with 1.8. Ever since its has lag.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Stupidest thing I heard on here.

Ok would you mind "explaining" why this is stupid? I don't have the lag anymore.

Please please I want to hear your smart comment.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just wanted to add that over the past year when I had faced similar issues I resolved once by disabling every other app on my android device, another time by upgrading the app(many months back) and a week ago aftee realizing my original usb cable was pinched....replaced with a samsungs usb mobile charger after trying some other lower quality ones i had sitting around and didnt get results with them

Just wanted to add that over the past year when I had faced similar issues I resolved once by disabling every other app on my android device, another time by upgrading the app(many months back) and a week ago aftee realizing my original usb cable was pinched....replaced with a samsungs usb mobile charger after trying some other lower quality ones i had sitting around and didnt get results with them

I understand your comment and I get all these issues which I went a great deal of troubleshooting one by one. I finally took it to Scorpion Drones and they diagnosed it for free with a diff RC and a diff iPad and still the same. After some conversation they ask me if I ever left the drone in the car by mistake. That week before I remember leaving it overnight in the car and I didn't realize this because I was one tired and two kind of tipsy from being on the boat all day. Sure enough the next day, it got really hot that's the Florida keys weather for you. I woke up late from a hangover to remember. Right after I started to see this issues. So we think the "heat" [emoji295]️ did something to the gimbal circuit board maybe the piece that does all the video transmission. So Who knows.

Ive got same issue with my p3a and mines never been left in any heat

Ive got same issue with my p3a and mines never been left in any heat

How long is the lag ? Because mine was pretty serious. Check my videos. 6-8 second lag. Not only unacceptable but also dangerous and not safe for flying.

I've also heard lags of less than a fraction of a second. Which I think is ok.

What kinda FW and App Go are you running?

Just to add another note. Everyone should be looking at my finger when I start the counter and then look at the DJI go app. Also notice the flickering.

I've been having this issue for sometime now with my P3A. Mine seems to be totally random. I'm using an iphone 6s with the latest ios and dji go app. Sometimes the transmission lag will be 1/2 sec (which is ok) and then it will last 3,4,5 more seconds. Sometimes when close sometimes when far. I seem to recall this happening when using my android nexus 7 as well. I also bought a new short usb/thunderbolt cable just for my phantom, but I'll try another just to see.. I don't see how trying a different sd card would make any difference to the transmission lag but I may try that too. Any ideas? Also, does the mavic pro have this issue?

I did this fix: Phantom 3 Advanced Video Lag FIXED! – UAVDoc and it was successful. It is fussy work, especially unsticking the gimbal ribbon cable so you can open up the gimbal mount.
Others have had success simply unplugging and reinserting the two cables to the gimbal (which, of course, I had to do to make the referenced fix). So, in hindsight, I would try that first since it is the easiest.

Last edited:
I'm using a Mini 3 and an Air 2 with the latest ios and go app and don't have any problems with lag. Try uninstalling and reinstalling to Go app if you haven't tried that already. I also use a real short cable, I thinks it's 12"

I've been having this issue for sometime now with my P3A. Mine seems to be totally random. I'm using an iphone 6s with the latest ios and dji go app. Sometimes the transmission lag will be 1/2 sec (which is ok) and then it will last 3,4,5 more seconds. Sometimes when close sometimes when far. I seem to recall this happening when using my android nexus 7 as well. I also bought a new short usb/thunderbolt cable just for my phantom, but I'll try another just to see.. I don't see how trying a different sd card would make any difference to the transmission lag but I may try that too. Any ideas? Also, does the mavic pro have this issue?

hello, If you know your tablet setting are all correct, per other posts about it, then the first thing I would try is disconnecting and reconnecting the two wires going to the gimbal at the top. Just simply unplug them, and plug them back in. Kind of wiggle the wires a bit to make sure it's got good connection. I have had some that I've had to do this 2- 3 times to get a good connection.

Sometimes, this will fix it fully. Sometimes this will seem to help, but then the lag comes back as everything heats up. If the Phantom has some age to it, then it very well could be the thermal pads not making good contact anymore. You can read my article here about it. Phantom 3 Advanced Video Lag FIXED! – UAVDoc

You have to be "surgical" with the ribbon cable. But it's not that hard to do for the experienced DIY electronics guy. If you don't want to do it, I do these types of repairs.

Ok, so I just unscrewed the 4 main tiny screws on the main gimbal plate and then used an air can to spray air in there for a bit. I put everything back together and just went for a test. It seems to have worked :) I'll keep testing but my thinking as of now is that if there was dust causing an issue then I shouldn't take off from dusty spots. I live in the country and I know I've taken off in a lot of dust several times. I've seen a few other posters mention that dust could be an issue, wondering if in fact that is my issue why this is? Does the dust cause overheating or fowl up the transmission signal?

2017-05-05 16.16.25.jpg

Reactions: GodFear17
Ok, so I just unscrewed the 4 main tiny screws on the main gimbal plate and then used an air can to spray air in there for a bit. I put everything back together and just went for a test. It seems to have worked :) I'll keep testing but my thinking as of now is that if there was dust causing an issue then I shouldn't take off from dusty spots. I live in the country and I know I've taken off in a lot of dust several times. I've seen a few other posters mention that dust could be an issue, wondering if in fact that is my issue why this is? Does the dust cause overheating or fowl up the transmission signal?

Oh yes dust could cause all types of issues. From overheating to causing static build up that causes issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers