Serious pre-purchase jitters

Gossip = rumors of "something new that will annoy a lot of owners" next month
Completely unsubstantiated and the opinion of someone that may or may not have any idea what they are talking about.
The exaggerated expression used in that case is reason enough to be very sceptical.

Sort of reminds me of this! Ahh! What to do? LOL!!
3no4.jpg

Reactions: Fplvert
Sometimes, youre right.. sometimes there is more fact than some want to acknowledge.
Agreed! Not me though! I only speak and write about my experience with in the UAV community and Industry. I can only advise.

Last edited:
Agreed! Not me though! I only speak and write about my experience with in the UAV community and Industry. I can only advise.
IMHO is all I can offer when posting. I don't say it, but consider it a given from all social forums and their members.

That said, BB, with your collection of birds, you have more experience than most of us here! WOW:D

IMHO is all I can offer when posting. I don't say it, but consider it a given from all social forums and their members.

That said, BB, with your collection of birds, you have more experience than most of us here! WOW:D
I do my best! Any Questions? If you want to get technical, Bring it on! But really? It's all good!
Oh! What was this post really about? What to buy for the $, Ummm... P3A verses P3P, Standard?

Last edited:
If $200 is the tipping point this might not be your hobby....jk get the p3a the lightbridge is a $1500 value itself

Well, $200 was my tipping point. I got the Standard which nearly everyone on this forum dismisses as being a cheap piece of junk and those who buy one are fools. Would I like Lightbridge and some of the other features? Sure, but I am on a very limited budget. That $200 should not be a barrier to keep me from entering this hobby. Because it doesn't stop at $200. I need that $200+ for extra batteries at $150 a pop, a case, ND filters, etc.

I am happy with my purchase and the results I get from it. I am a professional photographer so I know what I am doing and know that the Standard gives me some excellent footage. I am not interested in flying the thing 5 miles away from me. So far I have had it out a few thousand feet and it's been plenty.

Someday I will have a P3P or a P4(?). For now I get to fly an aircraft that is very similar to its bigger siblings and will be an expert when it is time to upgrade with no learning curve.

Well, $200 was my tipping point. I got the Standard which nearly everyone on this forum dismisses as being a cheap piece of junk and those who buy one are fools. Would I like Lightbridge and some of the other features? Sure, but I am on a very limited budget. That $200 should not be a barrier to keep me from entering this hobby. Because it doesn't stop at $200. I need that $200+ for extra batteries at $150 a pop, a case, ND filters, etc.

I am happy with my purchase and the results I get from it. I am a professional photographer so I know what I am doing and know that the Standard gives me some excellent footage. I am not interested in flying the thing 5 miles away from me. So far I have had it out a few thousand feet and it's been plenty.

Someday I will have a P3P or a P4(?). For now I get to fly an aircraft that is very similar to its bigger siblings and will be an expert when it is time to upgrade with no learning curve.
I see a Inspire 1 In Your Future! You have been bitten by the DRONE Phenomenon!

Reactions: aopisa
I got the Standard which nearly everyone on this forum dismisses as being a cheap piece of junk and those who buy one are fools.

Huh??? I don't ever recall anyone saying the Standard is any kind of junk or that buyers are fools. Different strokes for different folks. Needs and resources dictate purchases. Sorry you feel that anyone slighted your purchase. Getting into the hobby is the most important thing. Most of us would have killed for the flexibility and price point of a Standard when we bought our first DJI products with less technology and a higher price point.
Clear skies brother.

Huh??? I don't ever recall anyone saying the Standard is any kind of junk or that buyers are fools. Different strokes for different folks. Needs and resources dictate purchases. Sorry you feel that anyone slighted your purchase. Getting into the hobby is the most important thing. Most of us would have killed for the flexibility and price point of a Standard when we bought our first DJI products with less technology and a higher price point.
Clear skies brother.

Sorry, my comment wasn't directed at you and I did not mean any offense. It's just a general frustration on my part with this forum at times. There is a lot of good information here and people willing to help. I have spent many days reading and learning here. However, I came across some other threads where people were asking about the difference between the three models and the hate for the Standard (what a stupid name) was quite clear making it sound like anyone who bought one was an idiot who got totally ripped off by DJI. There is a Standard section here, but when the few who were brave enough to ask for some kind of help it seems to veer off topic into more P3S bashing.

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions guys. As I said, if money wasn't an option (stupid Canadian Dollar.....) i'd be all over the P3P in a heart beat, but this purchase is only doable if covered by the sale of the P2 and all of it's gear or i'll be getting some serious grief from the missus! lol

I think I'd already decided on the P3A, just needed people to tell me to stop worrying about it.

Is the p3s rubbish? That's laughable! Price for price you've just bought the best UAV you'll get for your bucks! Is the p3a/p better? Yes without a doubt. BUT I drive my Astra 2.0 CDTI very happily knowing there are far better cars out there (which I can't afford!) Why? Because it's still a lovely car! There is always something better and who knows, when financial restraints permit, maybe the next purchase will be even better than the p3p!

Just enjoy owning a wonderful DJI Phantom P3S - your friends will still be jealous LOL!

Just as a heads up, the new firmware turning the A into a 2.7K comes out on Monday so the 'sometime soon' has actually arrived! Can't wait to have 'follow' mode so I can have it chasing me around watching my every move. Oh wait, I've already got that.... Kids! LOL

Reactions: III% Streve
Can't wait to have 'follow' mode so I can have it chasing me around watching my every move. Oh wait, I've already got that.... Kids! LOL

IF you have a GPS enabled tablet!! Monday will be the day that all those that fought to the death about the difference in cell-enabled/non cell-enabled iPads and the lack of a need for GPS at the controller will have to come crawling back with their tails between their legs.

P3A in hand, firmware upgraded eagerly waiting for the **** rain we've had for the last two days to stop. Ugh.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1