Serious Gimbal Issues.

Reaction score
Ok Guys. I've posted test about this in the Gimbal Vibrations thread but it think my issue may be much worse so I want to post separately. My gimble seems like it is creating it's own vibration feedback, going limp and then re-enabling over and over. Ive not seen this on most of the posts in this forum so all i can figure is i have a faulty gimble. Ive ran the gimble with the rotors off a couple times and have heard the gimbal make some pretty loud noises at certain angles. Almost like it is righting itself, maybe this is the culprit.

See a video I shot Saturday here.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVYaLSv-5Lg[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVYaLSv-5Lg

I guess I dont know how to do a youtube imbed

is seems to only be doing the jello when it is about to go limp. Like its fighting its own feedback or something and then going into safe mode so the motors don't over work themselves, then it returns to function until the next feedback situation.

I have noticed this on mine but only for brief periods and then it goes away.

Just called DJI

"Thank you for contacting DJI. At this time we are experiencing extremely high call volume. Please try your call again at a later time."

WOW... Sounds like this may be an interesting process.

hmmm something not quite right there !!

keep us updated

Well I was able to make contact with US Customer support and they seem to think I have a faulty gimbal motor. Tech said he's heard of the problem before and did not even look at my video. He said they are currently on a 4 week+ backlog on repairs. Since i have had the DJI less than 10 days he recommended that I contact DJI Sales and request an exchange.

Has anyone completed an exchange with dji? I'm curious if they will send me out the replacement and then have me send mine out or what their process is.

Glad I didn't sell my Vision.

Well I waited on the hold another 45 min with DJI LA and once I got a hold of a person they were very reluctant to make me a shipping label to return my defective phantom. After asking to talk to a supervisor and telling him about my posts on PhantomPilots.com he was magically able to send me a shipping label. WOW. I will have to wait for the package to get there before I get the new item sent to me. Heck its only going on a month since i ordered it, why should they have to go out of their way to get me a working product.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan