Sequence for powering up / connection

Reaction score
Hi all,
Whats the correct sequence for powering up everything and getting it all connected and online together?

I just got a replacement p4 from DJI. All seems fine but before its tentative maiden flight yesterday (ipad pro), I had to turn everything off and on several times before I could get it all to connect.
Strangely, even when the bird was powered up but showing not connected in the dji app, it would still let me turn on the motors and I could have got it airbourne! Is that normal?

Also whilst I only flew in beginner mode and took things very carefully, I noted that in the hover, the bird kept slowly losing altitude, even to the point where I had to make stick inputs before it touched down. All safety aids were on so this seems a bit odd also?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Whats the correct sequence for powering up everything and getting it all connected and online together?
  • Power on mobile device
  • Power on remote controller
  • Power on Phantom
  • Wait ~30 seconds
  • Connect cable between remote controller and mobile device
  • Start DJI GO

Cool, will give that a go next time thanks!

Any thoughts on the slight loss of height issue?

Strangely, even when the bird was powered up but showing not connected in the dji app, it would still let me turn on the motors and I could have got it airbourne! Is that normal?
Yes.

Any thoughts on the slight loss of height issue?
Try the following troubleshooting steps:
  • Fly again to see if this issue still occurs
  • If it does, disable the downward vision positioning in the "Visual Navigation Settings" --> "Advanced Settings" section of DJI GO to see if that resolves the issue
  • If that does resolve the issue, calibrate the VPS
  • If that does not resolve the issue, calibrate the IMU

Not doubting msinger, wouldn't dare, but if I don't follow this procedure my bird gets finiky.
power up- AC, power up RC, power up Nividia Shield, wait for screen to show icons DJI Go, & Litchi, then, plug in tablet, both icons show, hit one u want, asks you "just once or always", Hit just once & FLY,
perfect everytime!

Thanks again matey, will give this all a try next time Im off and we get a nice day!

Primary connection is between RC and craft,
If both are connected you can still control the drone even if Android or iOS has connection issues or crashes. Hopefully!!!

Based on that you can see why you can still control the drone even if status disconnected, pertaining then rather to the device itself than RC-Drone.

Reactions: kugaman1
Ahh, OK yes that makes sense!

Just seemed odd that I could fly without apparent connection, but as you say, I still need to be able to control the drone if ios crashes!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers