Separate battery for gimbal?

Whatever electronic zap went thru the gimbal it must hace short circuited something in the gopro,that really sucks,thats 300 bucks down the drain.I've tried 2 different memory cards,3 different cables,a hard reset and cant get anything to work.Camera turns on and functions correctly,but wont charge battery when hooked up to computer or upload anything to computer.

htownphantom said:
Whatever electronic zap went thru the gimbal it must hace short circuited something in the gopro,that really sucks,thats 300 bucks down the drain.I've tried 2 different memory cards,3 different cables,a hard reset and cant get anything to work.Camera turns on and functions correctly,but wont charge battery when hooked up to computer or upload anything to computer.

Have you tried copying the data from the SD card over through an SD card reader?

JaysDMC said:
htownphantom said:

Have you tried copying the data from the SD card over through an SD card reader?
No,I dont have one.I'm not worried about whats on the card.I think it would work if I had a card reader.If I take a pic or movie clip it shows up on the camera as being there.The camera still works thru my fpv,if I had a way to charge the gopro battery I could still use the camera,but since computer wont recognize camera it wont charge the battery

htownphantom said:
JaysDMC said:
htownphantom said:

No,I dont have one.I'm not worried about whats on the card.I think it would work if I had a card reader.If I take a pic or movie clip it shows up on the camera as being there.The camera still works thru my fpv,if I had a way to charge the gopro battery I could still use the camera,but since computer wont recognize camera it wont charge the battery

I'm sorry to hear that. If push comes to shove you can pick one of these up:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/gopro-d..._clickid=1f597a00-b6f6-37a9-6361-000051f2b0f1

cheaper than replacing an entire GoPro.

Ok thanks for that but i think I might have figured out a way around.I've got another camera that takes the same sd card,I put the sd card from the gopro in it and it does have video and pics on it that I took with the gopro,so I know that part of the camera is working.
I have a first edition gopro hero,even though the batteries are not the same,I have taken the new hero 3 battery and it will lay in the old gopro battery housing and make contact with the 3 contact points and Im getting a red light showing the battery is charging.
So even though it will be a pain in the arse looks like I can still make this gopro work.

Well the idea I had on charging the battery didnt work but I found a charger on ebay for less than 5 bucks shipped from the good ole USA

I bought some aftermarket p2 props,it flew wacky.Does dji make phantom 2 props that fit the phantom 1 without any modification?[/quote]

Yes. Does your P1 have 2 black prop nuts and 2 silver? Or all 4 black?[/quote]

Mine has all silver but I bought it used from B&H photo.They all screw on the same direction if that helps[/quote]

Sure does :) Here's the ones you'll need: http://1uas.com/DJI-Propeller-9-White-P ... uts-To-Fix[/quote]

Tried flying it again with the aftermarket vision props,flew upside down again,doesnt do it with original props.Those you gave me the link to are sold out,I cant find any anywhere else unless they are aftermarket.Does DJI make some for the vision that are not self tightening? All I can find are the self tightening ones and since my screws all screw on the same way I'm guessing the self tightening props will not work?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj