Sentera Ag Package

Reaction score
Hello All,

I know there are a few members who are flying with the Sentera platform so I wanted to pose these directly to the group:

Looking at the Sentera site, there seem to be several variants of the sensor, the NDVI precision vs. standard and then the NDRE. Which one did you choose? I was thinking of going with the standard sensor, but are there any noticeable differences by going with the standard over the precision sensor?

Did any of you not choose to use the incident light sensor? It seems like an invaluable tool for eliminating the variability of performing surveys at different times/days and your ability to useably compare that data. Curious if anyone agrees with that assessment.

Did you buy the package directly from Sentera or buy the drone separately and install the sensor yourself?

Hi,
I've been trialling the Sentera Single NDVI sensor on a P4P and it seems to be working well. I bought the drone and installed camera directly from Sentera.

I have been very impressed with their service and quick response to any questions. They have been offering quite regular Webinars to walk you through how to do things too.

NDRE is really just an enhanced form or a different calculation of NDVI. They aren't different cameras for each but just one camera with different calculations. Both are derived from NIR values and that is what the sensor takes.

The data it provides is just shown as NDVI on AgVault even though the values are the enhanced NDVI or NDRE. Farmers/foresters who are astute will know about NDVI but most won't know about NDRE so it is good that the data is just shown as NDVI for simply. Hope that helps.

We've been employing a Sentera single NDVI sensor on a P4P with incident light sensor for the past growing season with excellent results. Sentera support is terrific. This growing season we will be employing the Sentera Double 4K sensor package along with a Zenmuse XT on a DJI M210 with the intent of proving certain unique ag applications that are really in their infancy in the field. I have weekly contact with Sentera, and they are making continual strides forward... still with good focus on the ag market.

The difference between the single NDVI and High precision sensors is one is 1.2 Mp and the high precision is 12 Mp

In my opinion, Sentera is an excellent choice.

Oh, BTW... We bought the whole package from Sentera, rather than sending a sUAV for upgrade. It arrived to us ready to fly and capture imagery out of the box.

Reactions: Niggs
We are also satisfied with our experiences with Sentera. Manitoba is really starting to adopt these sensors because they’re so small and can fit on a Phantom 4 Pro

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164