Sent P3P to DJI for repair...

Reaction score
So when I tried to upgrade firmware the front light would turn solid red and make a steady noise. They said it needed to come in for repair. I sent it off today.

Does anyone know what might be wrong or what they might replace.

How long might they have it?

How much am I looking at for the repair. No warranty... should I fight or would I be successful since it was fine until upgrade??

Thank you for y'all's time and help!

Tim

If the firmware broke the bird, it's DJI fault... the repair should be free. I never sent my phantom 3 standard for repair yet. Working great so far. I have hear that DJI's customer service is not great. Not sure it is true or not. I never call them for anything. I hope I will never have to do it.

I sent my P3P off for a No Image Trans issue and they logged it in about 4 days after UPS said they delivered it to the repair center. About 4 days later they told me it had a bad gimbal/y axis board and also one motor(!). Two days after that they told me it was covered. about 9 days after that it got back to Alaska. This was however during the warranty period.
Seems that there are cases of failures that get taken care of out of warranty and the FW update bricking the bird is one example. I hope you sent it 'boxed with a box around that' with the Return authorization on the outer box in a couple of places.
You can determine what failed sometimes by examining the flight log. Unrecognized devices are the giveaway. With my failure two items failed to be recognized; I think it was the camera and gimbal. They are ID'd by part # and not part name. A search here for NIT failures and FW issues should show you how to read the logs to search for those failed items. Good luck and I hope the demons of DJI service are merciful to you.

I sent my P3P off for a No Image Trans issue and they logged it in about 4 days after UPS said they delivered it to the repair center. About 4 days later they told me it had a bad gimbal/y axis board and also one motor(!). Two days after that they told me it was covered. about 9 days after that it got back to Alaska. This was however during the warranty period.
Seems that there are cases of failures that get taken care of out of warranty and the FW update bricking the bird is one example. I hope you sent it 'boxed with a box around that' with the Return authorization on the outer box in a couple of places.
You can determine what failed sometimes by examining the flight log. Unrecognized devices are the giveaway. With my failure two items failed to be recognized; I think it was the camera and gimbal. They are ID'd by part # and not part name. A search here for NIT failures and FW issues should show you how to read the logs to search for those failed items. Good luck and I hope the demons of DJI service are merciful to you.

I put the P3 in the holder that came in the original box then placed that in a box and put more bubble wrap around it and on top. I placed the return form inside of the box like it said to. I did not put anything on the outside of the box. Never was told to! Hope that doesn't become an issue. Why did you say to do that?

Also how can I "prove" the FW did it. I hope they don't take long!! I already miss it Andy believe I'm having withdrawals from it. Lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie