Sent my phantom 4 in and this is what I got from them. *UPDATE* DJI gave me 15% off!

If no progress I suggest you create a thread in DJI forum quoting case number and asking escalation as per my last link. Just keep calm - I know it's wow! - and you will get support.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
thanks. sounds like a plan. Let me see what happens tomorrow. and I will do that on Saturday.

Well guys looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel after all. This is that email I got from them. "
Dear Customer,

Your product sent back qualifies for repair under warranty. Repair will be finished within three to five business days.

Invoice

Customer: orerkaan
Case No: CAS-438879-S2F6X4
DJI Care Balance:
Quote Date: 02-23-17
Remarks: Warranty after flight data reading"
Let's hope they will fix what my real problems are with all sensor errors and unknown aircraft version. They said they are gonna change bunch of parts. Not sending a new unit. Fingers crossed. Will keep you guys updated.
So the lesson is. So not settle for first look and invoice as they just quality check your drone without any flight data. Once you dispute the invoice and ask for a review of your flight data showing no crash or pilot error, you will be able to get the results you want. And call dji every day of course and keep telling them same things over and over. Because it seems like they don't even listen to you in the first couple times. They chat with 3 4 people at the same time. But let's see the end result in couple days. At least now we are on the right track which should have been done a week ago. Hey, I'll take this anyways. I'm optimistic at last. If all goes well, I will give dji the credit they deserve.

I got this message today " please submit your data analysis form in time so we can handle the case asap"? What data? They have my drone. Aren't they supposed to review it. Man, I'm all tired of this. I did send them my screen shut errors too.
Yes and if you press them on the internal flight data logs they will simply that "no flight logs exist"! Believe me! I'm still fighting them but now I believe I have found out what they are doing! I'll post it. Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

Yes and if you press them on the internal flight data logs they will simply that "no flight logs exist"! Believe me! I'm still fighting them but now I believe I have found out what they are doing! I'll post it. Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF
good luck!

Hello everyone, I bought my p4 in october 2016 and has been crash and damage free. Last month, however, I started to get vision sensor errors and at the sane time of the errors, got unknown version for aircraft. This was out of nowhere. I am on the latest version of all. It did not start doing it after i installed the latest version either. Just started one day. I tried turning it on and off many times, I used assistant 2 program to calibrate vision sensors and it did it ones, then all the errors went away, but after turning it off and on again, all errors came back. Tried to downgrade a version, was able to do it once. Then, same issue. Off and on .all came back. After that, i tried many many times to calibrate the sensors with the program, tried to upgrade the latest version, but no luck at all. It kept saying restart your aircraft to upgrade or restart to calibrate. No success at the end. I did tried to imu calibration. Still no help.
At the end, i decided to contact. Dji. They told me not to fly it with unknown version and send it in. I did. And after a week they receiving it, they sent me this email!
"Dear Customer,

You repair service of Phantom 4 has been quoted by our repair team. Please refer to the invoice below and complete your payment via paypal.

Invoice

Customer: orerkaan
Case No: CAS-438879-S2F6X4
DJI Care Balance:
Quote Date: 02-21-17
Remarks: Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. Damage not caused by product malfunction. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit (After-Sales Service Policies - DJI) - DJI North America

Item Quantity Unit Price(USD) Total Price(USD)
Phantom 4 Yaw-shaft cable sticker 1 1.00 1.00
Phantom4 left landing gear component 1 10.00 10.00
Phantom 4 Yaw-shaft motor cover 1 1.00 1.00
Yaw-axis Motor Cable Cover 1 1.00 1.00
Yaw-axis Motor 1 12.00 12.00
Phantom 4 Yaw-shaft cable cover V03 1 2.00 2.00
Bottom Gimbal Cover 1 1.00 1.00
Phantom4 right landing gear component 1 10.00 10.00
Service Charge 2 65.00/H 130.00
Freight: 0.00
Total Amount: 168.00
DJI Care deduction: 0.00
Total Payment: 168.00"
I didn't understand what all these items have anything to do with my unknown version error problem.it seems like they just want to change couple things and stick 2 hours standart labor and call it a day. And when I get it back, I'm gonna see the same error messages and unknown version issue as i think something is wrong internally with computer inside. As couple times those errors went away for short time and came back by just sitting on the table. I have never crashed, damaged or played with my drone as it is in mint condition even without a scratch.
So, i contacted dji again asked them what is the result and what is $168 for. Is that gonna fix my problem. The guy said " tech support didn't find any issues or malfunction with your drone " ????? What?
I was really mad as it seemed like they didn't even looked at my problem and try to charge me stuff that i do not need as i know my drone is in perfect condition.
So i asked them to check it again ans I'm not paying $168 for nothing and continue having my original problems once I get my drone back. He said he requested a flight records analysis and dispute invoice.
They will get back to me in couple days he said.
So, what you guys think? You guys are more experienced and know more about the product and the company. Am I being suckered into paying without solving my original problem? Or this is the way they work?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's just very frustrating when i didn't cause any of these. Why do I have to pay? Isn't there one yearwarranty for defective units? Please help. Thanks.
Somebody needs to find out the email or cell phone number for Frank Wang at DJI so we can all call or email him

Looks like I am all fixed up and they are ready to send my drone back! :) I am gonna contact them on Monday and make sure that They actually fixed my original vision sensors and unknown aircraft version problem and not just replaced bunch of parts they picked. I hope they did test flights with the simulator like they said they would! I just have that weird feeling in my stomach that I might get it back with all my problems still there! lets cross our fingers please. ;)

Dear Customer,

Your Phantom 4 regarding case No.

CAS-438879-S2F6X4

has been repaired. Please visit our Repair Progress Inquiry website or use the DJI GO App to view the repair progress. Your unit will be shipped out to the following address within three business days.

You guys have scared me. I hope I don't have to send mine in anytime soon. I knew I should have gone with the SOLO.

Hi quiet frankly I will never touch another dji product again. after reading this and many other threads about the issues and the problems I have been having with my p2,f550 and f450. They are exactly like Apple products. Managed to get the p2 going but as far as the 550 and the 450. I will use the frames and do a complete rebuild using anything but dji stuff.

Reactions: pomonabill220
Shoot I was just getting ready to send mine in for some small cracks but I think I'll just super glue them and let it go.
plast-aid works perfectly for this, it doesn't just mechanically bond the two pieces together it also chemically bonds them. You can get it from Amazon or your local hot tub supply store

Reactions: Jimmers
Hi quiet frankly I will never touch another dji product again. after reading this and many other threads about the issues and the problems I have been having with my p2,f550 and f450. They are exactly like Apple products. Managed to get the p2 going but as far as the 550 and the 450. I will use the frames and do a complete rebuild using anything but dji stuff.
Honestly it sounds like you have been out of the loop for a while. The new tech and manner which DJI conducts itself is leaps and bounds ahead of where they were in the P2 or F550 days!

Here is an update.. as of today, they still have my drone. and after contacting them several times by phone and online chat, they can not answer my simple question for two weeks now!!!! is my original problem of vision sensor errors and simultaneously, my aircraft version showing UNKNOWN VERSION is fixed? !!! they keep saying we will let them now and they will get back to you within 24 to 48 hours like a parrot!! its almost feels like I am speaking with robots not humans. nobody seems to answer my simple question!! again, no damage, no crash, not even a scratch and it has been more than a month now!! WOW!! I did not think the service in United States would be this bad. its the worse I have seen in my life!! DO NOT BUY THIS **** PRODUCT! and for sure, DO NOT SEND IN TO DJI FOR REPAIR!!! find yourself a local authorized repair center. WOW!!
AGAIN MY CASE NUMBER CAS-438879-S2F6X4.
I even told them if you can not answer my question I asked you many times during the month, right now, I will blast the forums and you tube and here I go!! BIG FAIL! CONFIRMED! they do not give a ****! they told me to call the 1 800 number :))) hahahaha . now the jokes on them as my mission is to put the truth about DJI!!!

Here is an update.. as of today, they still have my drone. and after contacting them several times by phone and online chat, they can not answer my simple question for two weeks now!!!! is my original problem of vision sensor errors and simultaneously, my aircraft version showing UNKNOWN VERSION is fixed? !!! they keep saying we will let them now and they will get back to you within 24 to 48 hours like a parrot!! its almost feels like I am speaking with robots not humans. nobody seems to answer my simple question!! again, no damage, no crash, not even a scratch and it has been more than a month now!! WOW!! I did not think the service in United States would be this bad. its the worse I have seen in my life!! DO NOT BUY THIS **** PRODUCT! and for sure, DO NOT SEND IN TO DJI FOR REPAIR!!! find yourself a local authorized repair center. WOW!!
AGAIN MY CASE NUMBER CAS-438879-S2F6X4.
I even told them if you can not answer my question I asked you many times during the month, right now, I will blast the forums and you tube and here I go!! BIG FAIL! CONFIRMED! they do not give a ****! they told me to call the 1 800 number :))) hahahaha . now the jokes on them as my mission is to put the truth about DJI!!!
Wow, that's a bit of a change of heart from post #22 & #26, do you think that is wise considering they still have your P4? I would have at least waited until it arrived home and carefully documented exactly what they did (or didn't) do before hitting them with both barrels. Admittedly they probably don't (or can't) read all the forums so your rant might not affect things to much but most of the time a reasoned approach works better than abuse however justified it might be.

The other point to consider is that there is a language barrier, you may think that you have described the problem in full and in detail too many times but the multiple people on the other end maybe understanding something different especially if they haven't run into the problem before. Anyway good luck and I hope it does work out for you and remember DJI doesn't deliberately try to antagonize their customers (even though that is sometimes the end result) the problems usually arise from misunderstandings on both sides.

The version information showing UNKNOWN for RC or Craft is well known by DJI and there have been cases to do with some DJI server configuration issue as reported by DJI person. Happened right out of the box.

Aircraft Version Unknown

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Wow, that's a bit of a change of heart from post #22 & #26, do you think that is wise considering they still have your P4? I would have at least waited until it arrived home and carefully documented exactly what they did (or didn't) do before hitting them with both barrels. Admittedly they probably don't (or can't) read all the forums so your rant might not affect things to much but most of the time a reasoned approach works better than abuse however justified it might be.

The other point to consider is that there is a language barrier, you may think that you have described the problem in full and in detail too many times but the multiple people on the other end maybe understanding something different especially if they haven't run into the problem before. Anyway good luck and I hope it does work out for you and remember DJI doesn't deliberately try to antagonize their customers (even though that is sometimes the end result) the problems usually arise from misunderstandings on both sides.
MY brother, there is no miscommunication, as I have spoken the two of the same online person several times during the month and and I asked them to answer my very specific problem resolved or not. every time, which is maybe 5 times, I got the same answer " it will take 24 to 48 hours to tech support to get your answer" that they would email me!! EVERY TIME! like a robot. never got my answer and they are about to ship my drone!! Are you kidding me? simple question, I need a simple answer! Yes or No! .. not the same broken record... how hard is for someone to reply to my question about my repair issue. customer service, either, does not send my request to them or tech support just do not care to answer during the entire month! neither is good! lets not forget this is what they do all day!! all I need is an email reply saying YES your issues are fixed, no more unknown aircraft version and no more sensor errors after test flight!!! is that too much to ask during 30 days!!! HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE!! I now know as a fact that they do not care about you. worst company to communicate! That is a fact!

MY brother, there is no miscommunication, as I have spoken the two of the same online person several times during the month and and I asked them to answer my very specific problem resolved or not. every time, which is maybe 5 times, I got the same answer " it will take 24 to 48 hours to tech support to get your answer" that they would email me!! EVERY TIME! like a robot. never got my answer and they are about to ship my drone!! Are you kidding me? simple question, I need a simple answer! Yes or No! .. not the same broken record... how hard is for someone to reply to my question about my repair issue. customer service, either, does not send my request to them or tech support just do not care to answer during the entire month! neither is good! lets not forget this is what they do all day!! all I need is an email reply saying YES your issues are fixed, no more unknown aircraft version and no more sensor errors after test flight!!! is that too much to ask during 30 days!!! HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE!! I now know as a fact that they do not care about you. worst company to communicate! That is a fact!
Yes you certainly have some justification for being annoyed, I didn't realize you had communicated with the same DJI person more than once and they have told you the same thing each time. I wonder if they are having difficulties replicating your problem but don't want to admit it (or are told not to admit it). Have you tried the DJI forum, although I'm sure DJI people monitor Phantom Pilots there are lots of them over on their own forum and you may score a result a bit quicker there.

try the DJI support group on Facebook, there are lots of people there who can escalate this very quickly and find answers to your questions. One bad customer service rep is not indicative of the whole company. I have had some bad experiences with Amazon customer service but I wouldn't put them on blast on a forum saying Amazon CS sucks, I just hang up and call back to talk to someone else. You were beating a dead horse talking to the same person getting the same answer, just talk to someone else.

try the DJI support group on Facebook, there are lots of people there who can escalate this very quickly and find answers to your questions. One bad customer service rep is not indicative of the whole company. I have had some bad experiences with Amazon customer service but I wouldn't put them on blast on a forum saying Amazon CS sucks, I just hang up and call back to talk to someone else. You were beating a dead horse talking to the same person getting the same answer, just talk to someone else.
That is the problem, during the month, I have spoken to 4 different online rep and 3 different rep over the phone! two of those people were the same 5 times 3 times Dominique and twice Harvey! and I have stated my problem and I needed a specific answer for it from day 1. and every single time, the replies the same!! we understand your concern, we will send your request and it will take 24 to 48 hours tech support to send you an email with a reply!! like a parrot! even when I tell them, "you told me the same exact sentences 4 days ago, here is the screen shut of you telling me 4 days ago the same thing" (when I connect online support, the same windows open with all my previous conversations with the same person), so I can see exactly when and what they said.. so even after sending them a screen shut of the same crap they told me 4 days ago, another occasion, 5 days ago! they still say, we are sorry Kaan, but I will send all your request now and you will get an email..... WHATTTT!! really??
I have been an used car dealer owner for 17 years with a service shop and I can not even imagine a customer contacting us with a question and we just ignore them for a month!! you have to be a crook or a horrible company to not know or knowingly ignore the problem or concern of the customers simple request. there is no other explanation for this. Horrible communication on top of that. All they have to write on the email updates is that my drone vision errors and unknown version problem has been solved and your drone on its way! is that too much to ask for 30 days? I do not know what else to do. I am very very very annoyed and everyone needs to hear what I am going through with DJI. Best product in the market but the worst service in United States! that is a fact in my case. I would not be surprise if I get my drone back with the same errors. beating a dead horse here and I gave up. I can only HOPE at this time. and that should not be my stage of progress. It should be SATISFACTION. that is what you expect after spending $1500 cash and nothing is your fault!

I took your suggestion and contacted Facebook dji support, Here is what they told me today. Sarcastically!! That only I can answer that question! This is the company we deal with!
Very very sad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170302-125719.png
    Screenshot_20170302-125719.png
    271.9 KB · Views: 409
Reactions: cstout
I think this is going to be the case more and more where we got customer self-service based solutions with little customized support. Downside of modern cloud based technologies, distributed resources and personal account based configurations: UNKNOWN VERSION might not work for your DJI account but OK for others as this has nothing to do with the drone itself being currently repaired but rather craft account configuration DJI server issue, maybe.

I suspect refurbish is a strategy to also workaround thoses server data issues as new craft enabled = new DJI server entry configuration. Just guessing.

But don't get me wrong it's definitively a pain but might be the case problem is resolved but you haven't a chance yet to verify yourself.

I think this is going to be the case more and more where we got customer self-service based solutions with little customized support. Downside of modern cloud based technologies, distributed resources and personal account based configurations: UNKNOWN VERSION might not work for your DJI account but OK for others as this has nothing to do with the drone itself being currently repaired but rather craft account configuration DJI server issue, maybe.

I suspect refurbish is a strategy to also workaround thoses server data issues as new craft enabled = new DJI server entry configuration. Just guessing.

But don't get me wrong it's definitively a pain but might be the case problem is resolved but you haven't a chance yet to verify yourself.
I really don't know what's going on but once I receive my drone, I'm going to see what had been done and if my issued fixed as seems like nobody from dji knows. And than, I will definitely, try to solve my problems myself with all your help as I will never ever send my drone to dji again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1